My girlfriend and I stayed at the Spa le Refuge during the weekend of October 2nd and 3rd. We were expecting an experience appropriate for a three-star hotel. What we experienced was more like a two-star hotel.
The reception staff very very friendly and seemed genuine.
The backyard spa area is relaxing and pleasant. It was an interesting experience to be outside in crisp October weather in a bathing suit and then be in a hot tub watching the sky (with Jupiter in prominence).
We also has a massage in our package and the masseuses were exceptionally talented at their craft.
The next-day breakfast was satisfying. The eggs arrived with potatoes and fruits and a few slices of tomatoes. Toast and coffe/tea is all you can eat from the bread bar area.
The driveway entrance is almost on the corner of two provincial highways. So, if cars start to accumulate while waiting for a green light in front of the Refuge, then nobody can turn into the driveway from the opposing direction. We had to go further to the gas station, turn around and come back, wait in line until the light changed so that we could finally enter the property.
The restaurant staff don't seem overly thrilled to be doing their job.
The meals included with the package were minimal. My entrée was a bowl of soup, which arrived in a small bowl and was half full. My main meal was the fish of the day. It came with minimal garnishing. For dessert, I chose the apple pie. It arrived with a burnt bottom crust. I sent it back and asked for another slice. The second slice arrived with a burnt crust. The dinner was a very disappointing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Auberge & Spa Le Refuge is one of the only places of the region that offers in the same establishment a service of lodging, restaurant, massage and nordic baths with an access to the Simon River. At the junction of two country roads emerges the discrete shape of the Auberge & Spa Le Refuge, a small piece of paradise. Its complete range of packages makes it the perfect relaxing spa destination. A cozy cocoon to relax and revive yourself, it also offers Nordic baths to experiment the thermotherapy and thereby eliminate the negative effects of stress and rediscover your mental and physic well-being. Our restaurant features a sophisticated cuisine that will even please the fine palates. The beauty of the presentation and the true tastes make it an excellent choice. Our casual dining room will extend the relaxation with even the possibility of having breakfast with your bathrobe on. Isn't it amazing? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Auberge & Spa le Refuge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge And Spa Le Refuge
- Auberge & Spa Le Refuge Hotel Morin Heights
- Le Refuge Morin Heights
- Auberge & Spa Le Refuge Morin Heights, Quebec