“Wonderful food and service”

La Grange Morin Heights
Cuisines: French, Fusion, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Country Chic restaurant, beautifully decorated lodge style buildings. Fresh menu with daily 'Chalkboard' Table D'hotel specials prepared by our chef. Fine dining, casual dining, perfect for family meals. Features; cozy 'Country Pub' with pub snacks, fireplace in winter, sunny Terrace in summer. Private dining room available for 60 for special occasions. Open 5 evenings Wednesday through Sunday for dinner. The terrace is open for lunches and a cold beverage on summer weekends. Also features a Café with sunny terrace for casual lunches and a Gourmet du Village boutique.
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I made reservations for 2 for my boyfriend's birthday last Friday night and I have to say from the moment we stepped in till the time we left it was a wonderful experience. We had seats close to the live guitarist, James Correa, who was very entertaining. Our waiter was great and suggested to us the lamb and the short rib. OMG!!!! Both dishes were so delicious. We shared a shrimp tempura starter which was delicious then the main dishes which were fall off the bone delicious!!! They brought him a birthday dessert and wished him a Happy Birthday...very nice...and I had the creme brulee which was one of the best I've ever had!!! We had a very good time and went back the next day for lunch...the burger and fish-n-chips very yummy as well! We are definitely going back and the Grange has become one of our favorite restaurants!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Liliane M
miket332, Owner at La Grange Morin Heights, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to La Grange, thanks you for taking the time to write such a sweet message. Comments like yours encorage all of the team, that is what we strive to achieve. Thanks. Mike

Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“Wine and Chocolate”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We attended a wine pairing, tasting evening. It was a very well organized and informative evening. It was the second of the events that we attended. The course helped me appreciate and understand wine a little better and I look forward to the next event - Wine and Cheese!

• Visited March 2013
morin-heights
“Nice place to discoverd”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This new place in a small town in the Laurentides area is a nice discovery to do.
You will find a huge nice place where you will find onder the same roof a little store with thngs for the kitchen ( nice place to find a gift ) ( 2 floors ), a comptoir for a little sandwich and salad and some prepared meal to go. But the sherry on the sundae is the restaurant ( 2 floors ) with a bar, a fireplace and a very good atmosphere for a nice evenig with your love one or with the family and friends.
The menu is well diversified and the food is goog and actuel. Good wine list ( cellar on the second floor ). The service is personalize and dynamic.

You will talk to your friends about that place for sure.
There is also a nice terrasse during summer time.
Easy to find by the road 464, just 5 minutes from St-Sauveur village.
Some nights, there is live band ( smooth ).
Don't miss that experience.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Wine Tasting”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went to a wine tasting event at La Grange with my girlfriends. We had a great time learning about wine and pairing with food. We had so much fun that we are bringing our guys to the next one, this week, which is WINE & CHOCOLATE, can't wait!

• Visited February 2013
“Like a fondue - eat BEFORE you go!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Like the title says - eat before you go. Portion sizes are embarrassing - and not cheap. Staff was very nice - interior was very nice. I was excited to eat there - had it met remotely close to my expectations, the four of us would have eaten there all week. The food flavours were excellent, but when you order a $25 + dollar plate and see a scrape of chicken on it and a three slices of potatoes and three lengths of asparagus that combined, was the size of a small fist, something needs re-evaluating. The waitress was quite stunning ( the best part of the experience.)
I am not a big eater and am quite fit, so huge portions rarely get eaten BUT my 9 year old ate hers and mine within two minutes (she's tiny too). We left and went to the IGA to get some soup etc to bring back to our lodge to cook.
Unless they increase their portions to (MINIMUM) double their current sizes, they will not see us back. Too rich for the average family I guess.
Good luck.

miket332, Owner at La Grange Morin Heights, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write your comments; I am really sorry you did not enjoy your meal. We have recently added a new 'Chalkboard Menu' which features several Table D'hote items each evening which include 3 courses, most in the $20 range. I am not sure if you were made aware of those, it sounds as if maybe you were not?. For that I do apologise.
Our intention as a new restaurant is to gain a reputation for fine food, that has to include value and especially a place you would want to recomend and return to. If you are in the area again please drop in, enjoy a beverage at the bar and check out the 'Chalkboard' I hope you will be pleasantly surprised... Mike