“We ate in the restaurant here”
Review of Andrea's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Andrea's Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Watson Lake
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I don't know the name of the restaurant located in Andrea's Hotel, so will add my restaurant review to this page.

We stayed next door and walked over here to eat. They offer a bar plus a rather plain looking cafe, so we opted for the cafe. The night we were there, they had a buffet set up but we really didn't want to eat that much.

The waitress had a great smile and a lovely bubbly personality although her English had a few gaps in it. She was confused by my order of "club soda", but once I suggested she ask the bartender then she was on track.

I had an $8.00 grilled cheese sandwich - well, that was what the menu said. It turned out to be two pieces of toast, dry, with a couple of slices of Swiss cheese in between. Oh well, it was food. Not the best sandwich I'd ever had (by far!) but not the worst either . . . I think!

The room was overly warm and the chairs weren't too comfortable but it seemed clean and it was better than starving overnight :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

For being in the Yukon it wasn't bad. Don't judge it by its outside, the rooms were pretty nice but the MOST uncomfortable beds EVER!! Not a bad price but the restaurant in the hotel wasn't worht the price.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Kochgrrl
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is my first time reviewing a hotel and it's because of how miserable my experience was. I was driving across the country and just needed a place to get a good night's sleep. This hotel was the only option as the other places were booked or were unable to take a reservation over the phone. The first thing I noticed when I walked into my old dorm-like room was the sensation of being punched in the face by the foul odor. I couldn't even identify what it was. I thought I'd get used to it but I never did.
The bed was not very comfortable and the bathroom wasn't very clean, but what really got to me was the noise level. I could hear everything around me. I think the hotel has one of the few bars in town, which meant there were drunk people yelling outside my window until 2am. Then from 5-9am, I could hear every single step the people above me made. The ceiling was tile so the sound easily got through. There were so many times their stomping around caused the entire ceiling to rattle. My original plan was to drive 12 hours the following day, but after only getting 3 hours of sleep there was no way I could do that and had to change all of my travel plans.
Would've been better off sleeping in the car.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Travelinteach73
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We came late the day after Alaskan Hwy was open after being washed away. Last room they had was the Jacuzzi room so we took it for extra 25$ (regular rooms are 100$). Hotel is under new ownership and renovation, which is acceptable. They would get 4* but then we found the small details: Human hairs in both shower and tub, rust in the hot tub waters, nice soap container but empty and (again) rusty, nice candles but no matches, etc.
However, room and bed were very comfortable, we slept well, WiFi was strong and better than average in rural Canada. We considered 2 stars (poor) but decided finally for 3 stars because all the pros.
Once the above will be fixed and reviewed by future guests, it could be 4*. Would the price be 20% less, it could be an excellent value.

(If you’ve found this review helpful, you can let me and others know it by clicking the green Yes below)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Avi O
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were relieved to find a surprisingly nice room inside the plain exterior. It's clearly been recently remodeled. Plus, as others have noted, staff are very nice and helpful. As a sign explains, Andrea's has new owners, and it seems they are trying hard to please. I definitely would recommend staying here to anyone passing through.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank madwriter
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed here the night before travelling to Whitehorse. The staff was on hand when I checked in, which was pretty late, and were quick to help me get a room. Prices are reasonable compared to other places in town.

The place in undergoing renovations and the hallways aren't done yet, but the room was nice and clean and came with a coffee maker and free coffee, always a plus. In the morning when I grabbed a quick breakfast at the restaurant attached to the hotel and was on my way.

Highly recommend this place on your way up - or down - the Alaska highway.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I arrived on st. paddy day, and I had the good fortune to find a party planned in the hotel’s lounge. It was pretty well organized, they had a list of games for the night and prizes for winning them. The locals are friendly bunch, and I had a really good time.

The rooms are pretty loaded: 2 queen beds, satellite tv, wifi, fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, and a hairdryer to boot!

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Bruce W

Been to Andrea's Hotel? Share your experiences!