Air Force Lodge
All reviewsbathrooms and showersshower roomthe ownerrooms are smallmen and womenremove your shoesfront doordorm stylegreat historyalaska highwayshared bathroomwelcoming feeltwins pushed togethertoilet stallsnice guyplace to sleepclean place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

For the most part it was fantastic! As mentioned in other points, it is shared accomodations with the bathrooms and showers. Everything is completely spotless and the owner is very nice and helpful.

If there is one thing that I wish I could change it would be the soundproofing. I fell asleep with my tv on at literally the quietest volume it could go, and it woke up my neighbour, who then woke me up by pounding on my door at 4:00 a.m. I of course had not intended on falling asleep with it on, thus waking someone up.

Also, if you have a Virgin or Bell cell phone, you may have issue getting reception here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Amoep
Reviewed September 25, 2013

At the time of booking I've phoned this place to pass my credit card information. We talked about the Yukon and I knew already just by the way the owner talked to me - THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY.

The only little disadvantage is there are no bathrooms in the rooms as this place is an old air force building. Knowing that, it's a really phantastic place to stay. The walls are nice decorated, the facilities bright and clean. The owner speaks at least English and German and is really a very nice guy.

Room Tip: Take a room in the rear if possible as they are a little more silent than the ones at the front facing the main street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Markus K
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The unit was very clean, and very small from what I could see. I really want my own bathroom and shower, and do not care to be trailing down the hall in the middle of the night. The owner was very pleasant and helpful to excuse my reservation and let me go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reeldl
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here on my return from Alaska because the initial visit was so good. Mike, the jovial owner, will meet you upon entry to the motel and ask you to remove your shoes. This gives you an idea of how clean the establishment is. After checking in he will escort you to your room, then give you a tour of the motel. There are no private showers or restrooms. They are down the hallway. Men and women have separate shower and restrooms and each room has private stalls for restroom and showering. Rooms are basic but ultra clean. Complimentary coffee and tea available. If you don't mind the lack of private baths in the room this place is a great place to stay. This may not be the place for you if you like to sleep in late. Once people start moving about in the morning, you will hear the noise and not be able to sleep.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ken M
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Lodge on the way north and were pleased with the cleanliness and reasonable price for the Yukon. On the way south we drove all night to outrun a flood and the accompanying road slides. When we arrived at 8 am, the owner made up a room with new bedding and apologized for not vacuuming it yet. All we wanted to do was sleep and sleep we did. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple