“Good food”
Review of Kathy's Kitchen

Kathy's Kitchen
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had dinner here about 4-5PM during the week. Allot of people eating here and it was very hot here (mid 80's). I had the Salisbury Steak dinner with allot of ice tea. Good food fresh cooked to order and real gravy too. Service a little slow because the place was packed. The price was about the same as in Seattle for the same meal. The server was new but she was learning very fast and got everything that I needed. It also has good parking for the large RV's.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had a good breakfast. Service was typically northern, friendly, casual, informative. Prices are reasonable for the Alaska Hwy. Good value

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped by for dinner after getting a recommendation for Kathy's Kitchen from a local gas station.

The restaurant is small, but the building is newer and neat looking when compared to many of the other buildings in Watson Lake.

The menus mainly consisted of burgers and sandwiches and a few token dinner items (and I really mean a few). If you have kids, there is no kids items listed on the menu, forcing us to order full priced adult entrees for the kids.

We all ordered burgers, sides, and sodas. The sodas are served in plastic bottles and most of the sodas served at our table were a few weeks past the expiration date. The burgers appeared to be standard frozen burgers cooked on the grill. Personally, the fries were a huge hit with the adults and kids alike. The kids all ordered tossed salads for their sides and the salads looked quite fresh (especially considering our geographical location) and drew no complaints from the kids at all.

Personally, I had the Bacon, Mushroom, and Cheese burger. The mushrooms seemed like they were taken right from the can and put on the burger, giving it kind of an off flavor in my opinion, but other than that, the burger was OK.

Burgers, sides, and sodas for 6 people set us back just under $100, not including tip. While this seems expensive, this is about what I would expect to pay in a remote location like Watson Lake. If I were to have come across this restaurant in Chicago, I probably would not go to it again. However, given my experiences if driving the highways of Western Canada and Alaska, this place is decent and I probably eat here again when in Watson Lake.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

we stopped for breakfast. Food and service were outstanding. would highly recommend this place to everyone

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Michael at Air Force Lodge suggested Kathy's Kitchen and he was spot on! I had the ham and cheese omelet and my wife had the french toast. Both were excellent, they even used ham off the bone for the omelet. We would highly recommend this place. It is more expensive than back home, but what isn't up here.