“Schell liked it......”
Review of Big Horn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Big Horn Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Watson Lake
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Schell and Wooo's liked this Hotel,And you know,SO did I lol.It was a nice place to rest up before heading on to Alaska.The bed's were fine,The check in went o.k.,Had a great sleep,And was on my way the next day.The Resturant next door had a VERY Yummy B.L.T and fries,And Schell liked her Goodies lol.It was a VERY nice expierence after a Longgg journey.Thank You for such a nice stay................

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2013

When we first arrived the lady at the counter was fairly nice but the front entrance smelled like cigarettes since she chain smokers near the front door. When we got to the room it smelled like urine. We figured it might be due to this building seeming a little older than others so we didn't worry about it. When it came time to put the kids to bed my wife pulled the comforter of the bed my kids were going to sleep in and found an unused baby diaper and the satellite remote we couldn't find since we got there. This indicated to us the sheets had not been changed. When my wife went to the front desk to inform the lady, see asked my wife to leave a note for the morning manager. At that point my wife had to ask for can linen since the lady didn't offer any. In fact, the lady acted quite surprised when my wife asked for them. In the end, I felt quite dirty and ripped off leaving the place. It was not worth the $130 we spent!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pipsfc
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

July 21 2013. I started, after checking in, going down stairs and asking the lady if there was a pub or bar in town because I would love a beer after a day on the riding :) BUT this woman wasvery condenscending. She told my wife and I that SHE does not know cause SHE Never goes into a place like that. Thinking I thought you are in the public service industry and I don't care about your personal beliefs. So we walk next store and ask the helpfull lady at the Andreas hotel they have a bar that opens at 6 pm (great). When we are at Andreas we saw buckets AND rags in the lobby available for bikers. So I have a hour to kill so I go back and ask the lady that we would like to wash our bikes (to kill the hour). They have no soap or rags and mentioned that we could go across the highway and buy some (we don't have a lot of storage on our bikes and other motels along our trip of 6500 km always accomodated us IF even if they they they didnt have an ad "BIKER FRIENDLY SIGN" in their window. I find the garden hose but it has no nozell to turn it on so I go back inside and SHE tells me she will not turn it on because is if she did people will want to wash there bikes and cause a mess?? SO I point out that they have a biker friendly sigh outside and she replies we are friendly to bikers but DON'T want them to wash there bikes here ( wow ) I only wish there was a lower rating than poor. Also when trying to book a room online - it took them 2 days to get back to us. Biker friendly - NO. Online Reservations - NO

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 4dRider
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on our way down from Anchorage to the Lower 48. After being on the road for 3 days solid, any hotel would have done at that point. We knew what we were getting since we booked ahead in advance and were actually pretty excited to see the blue bathtub and blue toilet.

The room had heavy, dark furniture that didn't help as the room felt so dark and dreary - not a feeling you want at night after being on the road all day long. Despite the looks, the room was super clean. It was warm, but after living in Alaska we knew there was no AC in Canada/Alaska area. The front desk staff was amazingly nice and very helpful on our check in and out.

The highlight to the entire stay was the beds. To our surprise, the beds were MEMORY FOAM! The pillows and mattresses were amazing to sleep on and very welcoming to both myself and my 7.5 month pregnant wife.

Best stay in town.

Room Tip: Try to get a downstairs room in the warm, summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ive stayed at two places in Watson Lake, the Air Force Inn and here. Watson Lake does not have much in terms of lodging but the room here was large and clean. The furnishings are dated as is the facility, but we found it adequate. It was unusually warm when we were there and there is no AC but there are fans in the room and we got it cooled down. It is near a restaurant, grocery store and gas station so its very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hugh L
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For where we were traveling, The Alaska Highway through the Yukon Territory, this place was great. The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. No a/c but apparently they never need it. The decor and building were old and dated BUT again, considering any other options, this was fantastic. Bottom line - not fancy, but very clean and very comfortable. We walked to everything we needed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We did not make reservations ahead while traveling the Alaska Highway and came upon the Big Horn in Watson Lake one evening when we were exhausted from a long drive. We were thankful to see the vacancy sign and we were given an upstairs room with two beds. There were no elevators but I think the hotel is only two floors and there are rooms on the first floor as well. The room is like something from the past but it was clean, comfortable, quiet, and warm! There was a stocked kitchenette with a stove, refrigerator, oven, microwave, and a little table. The kitchen sink doubled as the bathroom sink which was little strange but workable. It also might have the hottest water I have ever used which in these parts of minus temperature is a great advantage. My husband was happy to find the large flat screen TV waiting for him after the long drive. Although we did not have a pet with us, they do welcome pets at the hotel. The man behind us had five small dogs and was readily given a room. There is no food on sight but there is a little restaurant down the street that was open for breakfast when we left at 7:00 AM but we decided to wait and eat further down the road which was a very long wait.

The Big Horn is by no means a resort hotel, but it is a nice place to end a long day or to spend a few days exploring Watson Lake.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KajunKrewzers

Been to Big Horn Hotel? Share your experiences!