“Wonderful Cabin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Stampeder's B&B & Cabins
Center, TX
“Wonderful Cabin”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

There are two cabins at Stampeder's, and both appear to be the same. The one we stayed in was absolutely spotless with very comfy beds. It is very quiet, with a nice roomy bathroom. We could not believe it when our host told us the cabins were eight years old. They look brand new. A very friendly and accommodating host who served up a good breakfast to start our day off right. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Watson Lake if there is one of the cabins available. What a nice surprise it was.

Room Tip: Either of the two cabins is a good choice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This looks like a very nice place. I had the opportunity to speak with Peter, the owner, for about 20 minutes. He told us in no uncertain terms that he would not rent a room to us because of our son's service Labrador, which is a medical necessity. He said he did not care if the law required him to or not, he would not have a dog in his rooms for reasons of "Hygene". (Peter has his own rather mean Akita in a pen by the office).
I respect a person's right to decide who they would like to rent a room to. However, I do not agree with denial of service to my family because of my son's condition or requirements. Our Labrador is more clean than many people I have met, and has 11 years experience.
If you have a service animal in this town, count on sleeping in your car - no matter how cold it is. Most motels in Watson Lake discriminate against service animals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank constanttraveler32
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in cabin 1 of 2 cabins at Stampeder's Inn. We were on the road for a month and this place has to be the cleanest place we stayed in. Everything in the cabin was spotless. Our cabin had 2 queen beds, and the mattresses were very comfortable (Peter, the owner has bought new mattresses since the 'hard mattress' review from last year!).
The bathroom is large and again spotless, with ample towels, and a lovely shower.
Free wi-fi and continental breakfast also a pleasant bonus.
This place was so clean & tidy we almost felt like re-making the beds on departure!
Thanks Peter, we will hopefully see you again one day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mibsta
Rocky Mountains
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stampeder's B&B offers clean, modern cabins with all the amenities, such as wireless internet, TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and a desk. Each cabin is comfortable, and offers a good amount of space. The wash rooms are are spacious.

The owners are friendly and helpful. When I met them, I was glad I stopped at Stampeder's.

This was a great experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Trout_Whisperer
Fort Nelson, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2011

While the cabin was very clean and attractive, the bed was the hardest I have ever slept on. It was most uncomfortable and I had the worst sleep I can remember in a long time. I would expect that for $106 + tax, that the bed would be comfortable. Better hotels everywhere are now focusing on the quality of the beds and bedding. These people have missed the memo. I will never stay there again, and will not be recommending it to anyone. If asked, I will caution people that if one is comfortable sleeping on a floor, then this is the ideal lodging.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank anouk3
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We loved Stampeder's Cabins. We stayed there on the way home from a Harley trip to Anchorage!!! We stayed in another place on the way up. Wish we had stayed here both times! The owners are friendly and so nice. Nanook the dog speaks Swiss! Well of course he does, his owners do - but it was so fun to meet him!!!! The cabins are private and roomy and comfortable. When they tell you not to tarry in the shower they mean it. The hot water tank will only provide for so long - but they did tell us! :) And the internet quit about 11pm but it was a great stay and the breakfast in the morning was fun and good. Truly loved this spot!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bobbie010
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 29, 2010

If you are heading to Watson Lake and need a place to stay - I would recommend the Stampeder's. We stayed there on our return trip from Alaska and the cabins are wonderful. It is in town and within walking distance to restaurants, the Sign Post Forest and the Northern Lights Centre. Susanne and Peter Schadl (the owners) are fantastic hosts. The cabins are comfy and clean. They serve a nice continental breakfast. Fun place - don't pass it by.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank HappyPassenger

Been to Stampeder's B&B & Cabins? Share your experiences!