“It's food.”

Cuisines: Diner
Palmer, Alaska
“It's food.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hey, I get it. We're in the Yukon and pretty far from everywhere. The burger was good. The fries were good. My wife's chicken was cooked and after some discussion she got most of the rest of her order. The service was OK. I'm not really looking for "good service" in place like this.

It's food in Watson Lake. It's alright. We didn't check out the other options but certainly would in the future.

• Visited September 2012

Beaver Creek, Canada
“Outside bad. Inside good.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The outside looks like an intentionally run down movie set. It certainly doens't look like somewhere that serves food. It's a run down service station and if I hadn't been staying in Watson Lake for a week I'd probably never have noticed that it has a cafe attached. I had a Monte Cristo with a salad, hard stuff to screw up but the salad was fresh (not always easy in the Yukon) and the Monte Cristo had both cheddar and Swiss with turkey and ham, so I was pretty happy with everything. I haven't eaten so well at a gas station since Cusco.

• Visited August 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Full of Character”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Beejay's serves decent basic breakfast food with friendly helpful service. I enjoyed eating here because it was outside my normal experience.

The trucker at the next table was talking to some other guys and telling them that the grizzlies were coming down to the road now. The restaurant is attached to an automotive service shop.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank HOPEFULLY_12
Frenchburg, Kentucky
“Watson Lake, A place to fill up”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We found an ad for this little restaurant in the mile post magazine. From the outside it leaves you with the impression there is more to be desired. The service was good. The place was clean and the food was good. My husband had the salisbury steak dinner and I had a salad and the price was mid twenties. That isn't bad for this area. There is not a lot of choices in this town but I would eat here again if in this area.

• Visited August 2012
Sydney, Australia
“very nice cafe”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had breakfast here during outr travels along the Alaskan Highway. The food was very good and so was the service.

Visited September 2011