“A pleasant enough meal let down by indifferent service”
Review of Romans - CLOSED

Romans
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Romans specialises in pastas, pizzas, salads but also has a selection of appetizers and entrees. We arrived on a busy evening as they were managing a large group. We had to wait 20-30 minutes to be seated and ordered the pork loin which was served with brocollini, corn cob and a choice of potato or rice. The meal was fine although the pork was a touch tough. What let the experience down was the service. The man who was front of house did not make us feel welcome. I initially did not recognise his position in the restaurant due to his casual dress and demeanour. Our server (a young blond guy with beard and ponytail) was similarly indifferent, not able to raise a smile and failing to ask how everything was which has always been the norm in North America. Water was not proferred but was to other diners.If a tip is supposed to recognise good service then Romans would have got nothing. What I did leave was left grugingly.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nonsense food for a good value. Despite a busy place still served reasonably well. The offer a mixture of pizza and meat dishes.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

In a nutshell...
- We were overcharged (and reluctantly refunded)
- Rude and uninterested staff
- Cold, hard pizza!

I can only assume that Romans has got good reviews from people because there are limited restaurants and pizza places in the area. However, there are some good reviews so perhaps we just had a bad experience...

We went in and felt staff were not interested at all, we were left standing at the door for a few minutes wondering what we should do.
We ordered a pizza and were told it would be 45 mins... when we paid I queried the price as it seemed more expensive than we had expected. The uninterested lady behind the counter said it is an extra 2.50CAD for an extra topping on a large pizza (we had plain cheese with pineapple on half of it)

We picked the pizza up 45 minutes later, after a 5 minute drive to our hotel we opened the pizza and it was awful! Cold, dry and the crusts were so hard and tough to bite into - I have never had such a bad pizza from a pizza shop! We could have saved ourselves 25CAD and just brought one from the shop next door and cooked it ourselves - it would have been quicker, hotter and better quality!

When I looked at the menu we had I noticed it said a topping on any size pizza is 50 cent, so the next day I went back in to mention that we had been overcharged. The girl was still rude and seemed surprised that I was there and wanting a refund of my overpayment. I mentioned the pizza was cold and not great and she said that they were busy -- and that was it!! shocking customer service! She walked off in the end and left it to another lady to do the refund and said "it's just 2 dollars". The other lady had to ring someone up to check how to do the refund and then was chatting on the phone still as she just handed me the 2 dollars. I would definitely never go back!

I was so shocked at the bad service here and would certainly not recommend it to anyone, don't waste your money!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

great service and very casual, we stopped by for lunch on our way back home from fishing. it was just perfect for us

Reviewed August 22, 2013

A nice small restaurant with a great patio. Highly recommended by one of the owners of the West Coast Motel. We all had pizza, (their specialty) and were not disappointed. Good value. We could'nt finish our meal and took home left overs.