“pleasent surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romans - CLOSED

Romans
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian, American, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Penticton, Canada
“pleasent surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were driving around Ucuelet starving, and it seemed everything was closed. Just then we saw this place. Nothing fancy but went in. Yes it's a pizza joint, but we had their halibut and chips. Best F&C we have ever had!! 10 out of 10 IMO. (Drooling!)
The waitress was a sweety, and made a killer ceasar drink. ( almost as good as mine!)
Had a nice little patio to eat on as well.
If back in Ucuelet would most definately return.
Cheers

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank t s

Vancouver
“On Roman time...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I were advised Roman's has good pizza by our hotel staff. This being our first time visiting this area, we decided to take a shot.

From the second we stepped inside, our experience went downhill. We literally stood at the door waiting to be acknowledged for what seemingly felt like 10 minutes, even though staff saw us, walked by us, and we tried to get their attention (it probably was only 2min, but that is an eternity when staff make eye contact with you, and there were 3 empty tables available). We even said to each other, "I wonder if we seat ourselves here?"

That was the good part.

After ordering our pizza, we waited close to an hour for it to arrive. All we ordered was 1 pizza.

The table next to us came in 30min after we arrived. Their mussels and pizza got served before ours. I was not pleased. When I asked how much longer they thought it would be, the response back was "30 seconds" and he walked away. No "I'm sorry", no "I know you're hungry, here is some bread on the house", nothing genuinely apologetic. It was more like I was being a burden to them by asking after waiting for 1 hour.

The pizza though, was good. We both enjoyed the Gladiator. The server (dark haired girl) was good. But the lack of acknowledgement and concern that we sat and waited without giving us a reason makes this establishment a huge fail.

We own and run a restaurant in Vancouver and this would never be tolerated. We joked about opening a restaurant right across the street and showing the fine residents and visitors of Ucluelet what a good dining experience is. I can understand the restaurant was busy, and the staff were trying their best. However, waiting 1 hour for a pizza is ridiculous. Hire more cooks. Acknowledge our presence....that is cost-effective.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton
“50/50 this time around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

There were four of us that ate here this past weekend and half of us had great meals and the other half didn't enjoy it at all. The funny thing was that I had the Margherita pizza and didn't like it at all. I feel weird saying that because I've read other peoples reviews and they loved their pizzas. I didn't like mine at all. It had a burned taste to it and I didn't like the sauce. It tasted like it came straight from a can. My wife had a pasta special and although they make all their pasta fresh, her dish wasn't good either. The two people who had great meals were my parents and they both had the chicken club sandwich and loved it. I tried some and it really was excellent.

We all just found it somewhat funny that the two things this place is supposed to be famous for (pizza and homemade pasta) were not pleasant at all.

I will say that the service was excellent though. All the waitresses who served us and seated us were extremely friendly and professional.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Duncan, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Pizza and Salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food was great, service was good, and the pricing were good. We will be back. We shared a Spinach goat cheese salad and the Roman pizza.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto Ontario Canada
“Makes glaciers look fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went to Roman's for lunch. Not only was service slow, but the staff didnt seem to realize it, or care. We spent close to two hours at Roman's; most of this time was taken up waiting for our food. It was satisfactory when it finally arrived, but by then we were so hungry we would have been happy with anything. To say the service was glacial would be unfair to glaciers!

Visited August 2012