“A Magical Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay
Ranked #2 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“A Magical Experience!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Words fail to describe adequately the wonderful experience of a week at Bostrom's B & B. The welcome by Judy to our fabulous suite fitted with every amenity conceivable, through to the most magical views of Little Bay surrounded by fir trees, where we often watched for seals and loons from our private deck was breathtaking. Breakfast of newly created, delicious and freshly cooked delights awaited us each morning, and Judy dreamed up ways to make my celiac disease a pleasure to cater for! Gary went out and caught crab for lunch one day - altogether an unforgettable experience! Thank you.

Room Tip: Each room has the view of Little Bay, but the upstairs Suite is special!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Magical does indeed describe the wonderful season we have experienced with our visitors. The amazing stories from all over the world shared with such wonderful people like these fabulous guests. These visitors came all the way from Australia and their excitement in seeing bears, whales, and sea lions was contagious. What I would really like to see is a kangaroo or a koala bear. Animals that, to these guests, are so common. I suppose that's why we all love travelling eh?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed in Trail Suite for 3 nights. Features of our stay: gourmet breakfasts (exquisitely presented), spectacular room, unrivaled views from all three levels of the B & B, immaculate grounds, wonderful common rooms, lacking nothing in amenities, outside window bird feeder, and perfect restaurant descriptions and recommendations (tried 3 different recommendations and all were as presented). However, best part of entire stay: Judy Bostrom, our host. Her storytelling each morning made the entire stay unforgettable.

Room Tip: Trail room is self catering and very roomy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I just love it when folk take pictures of their breakfast!
Thank-you for your supportive comments. We spend a lot of extra time making our home a retreat for guest from all over the world. You comments make us feel all the extras are worth our time and energy. We hope to see you come up over the horizon again soon!
Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our family stayed at Judys wonderful B&B for only two nights and we really would have liked to stay much longer. The location is unbelievable, directly above the ocean with several decks at various hights with the most beautiful views. Nothing better to enjoy the hottub during the sunset or have the delicious breakfast served while watching out for eagles or seals.

Judy is a wonderful, cordial and cheerful host, we had many laughs together and she's a perfect travel guide for everything to do and see around Ucluelet and Pacific Rim. Our kids (8 and 11) were utterly charmed as well, enjoyed the well equipped social room and loved above all Baxter, the cute litte dog (I only say "mom"!)

But for the distance to Germany, we would stay here every year!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the trail suite, very spacious, enough room for four people, nice kitchenette, great vi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I wish you lived closer too! Your children were so wonderful and even Baxter missed them when they left.
The Trail suite is a lovely place for a family to stay. If kids get excited about a sleep over at the Bostrom's there is not a soul that will hear their gleeful noises. Conversely, when families travel together and they take over the two bottom rooms, the folk in the Trail suite don't get to hear their laughter unless they join them for breakfast in the morning. It is a perfect situation for giving those on a romantic getaway their privacy while I can still get to enjoy young guests who come to visit. How could it be better than that?
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a absolutely wonderful time at this absolutely fabulous place. Judy had everything you could ever imagine covered (restaurants, hiking maps, local history, etc) The hot tub was the perfect end to a day and the view was awesome. Definitely would make this a destination again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm so glad to have met you folk and that pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sitting in the hot tub and watching the eagles soaring, the waves slapping the island, and the colors changing moods is one of my favorite ways to end my day as well. I'm looking forward to the spring when i can sit in the hot tub and watch the whales blow by on their migration. I love to share my favorite things with wonderful guests like you.
Wetaskiwin, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First, the view is spectacular and the grounds and house are lovely! Second, the hostess is a gourmet cook, a caring and conscientious provider and a delightful conversationalist. Third, accommodations are excellent: comfortable, clean, eco-friendly and show a decorative flair. There are many extras such as fireplace, picnic baskets, books, game equipment, ice cold drinking water, snacks always available, a hot tub, well built staircase to the sea, etc., etc. Lastly we saw does, fawns, a variety of birds and fish from the balcony. At a nearby restaurant we watched whales while waiting for our dinner! We will return.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for the wonderful review. It makes me thrilled that you noticed all the extra little things we put together for your visit. I had a fabulous time sharing stories with you over breakfast and I sure hope you do come back for a visit someday soon!
Saarlouis, Germany
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for four nights in the nicest Bed and Breakfast of our Canada journey: Bostrom's B&B. The rooms are beautiful, clean and luxurious. The breakfast/common room has a great view (so do the private rooms) and offers a lot to enjoy or to get information about Ucluelet and the Pacific Rim. Breakfasts were awesome. Judy and Gary are the best hosts and we were very happy with all the good recommendations we have received. Thanks a lot for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. We stayed in Wild Room and Trail Suite - both are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
"Nicest Bed and Breakfast of (your) Canada journey", "Best hosts"? Ah, thanks guys. You made my day!
Victoria
Reviewed September 16, 2012

When we decided to drive to Ucluelet for a short trip with another couple, I asked a friend who used to own a B&B there where she would recommend we stay. She gave me just one name: Bostrom's. Our first introduction to the property was the lovely front garden with its large pond. But then when we walked around back to the guest entrance, our jaws really dropped. The view was perhaps the best of any B&B we have stayed at, over several decades of travel. Bostrom's has just three rooms. One is up by the hot tub, which overlooks the bay. Our two rooms were on the lower level, also overlooking the bay. But in addition to our rooms, each of which had a private bathroom, we found that we had an enormous living room, complete with comfortable chairs, large-screen TV and DVD collection; a billiard/snooker table; and a microwave and small refrigerator--snacks provided. It was if the four of us had rented a house!

There ended up being an issue with our room--a former guest had left shells or perhaps a wet bathing suit in the closet, and when we closed the door for the night, there was an odor. When we let Judy know the next day, she was horrified, apologizing profusely. She worked on the room all day, and by the time we got back, she had resolved the issue. She so clearly cared, and she worked so hard to make us "whole," that our rating of the B&B went up, not down, as a result of this problem.

And did I mention the food? Perhaps the best breakfast of any B&B we have tried.

We will never stay anyplace else when we return to Ucluelet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I just love it when I get the "jaw dropping" reaction when I walk folk around to the guest entrance. It makes me remember building the house, sitting on the beams, and dreaming that someday I would see this amazing view from the comfort of my own home. When building the house I never, in my wildest imagination, considered how rewarding it would be to share this view with so many wonderful folk. Your jaw dropping reaction helps me to see it all over again. Thank-you for reviving my "wow".