“Miller visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a absolutely wonderful time at this absolutely fabulous place. Judy had everything you could ever imagine covered (restaurants, hiking maps, local history, etc) The hot tub was the perfect end to a day and the view was awesome. Definitely would make this a destination again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I'm so glad to have met you folk and that pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sitting in the hot tub and watching the eagles soaring, the waves slapping the island, and the colors changing moods is one of my favorite ways to end my day as well. I'm looking forward to the spring when i can sit in the hot tub and watch the whales blow by on their migration. I love to share my favorite things with wonderful guests like you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First, the view is spectacular and the grounds and house are lovely! Second, the hostess is a gourmet cook, a caring and conscientious provider and a delightful conversationalist. Third, accommodations are excellent: comfortable, clean, eco-friendly and show a decorative flair. There are many extras such as fireplace, picnic baskets, books, game equipment, ice cold drinking water, snacks always available, a hot tub, well built staircase to the sea, etc., etc. Lastly we saw does, fawns, a variety of birds and fish from the balcony. At a nearby restaurant we watched whales while waiting for our dinner! We will return.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for the wonderful review. It makes me thrilled that you noticed all the extra little things we put together for your visit. I had a fabulous time sharing stories with you over breakfast and I sure hope you do come back for a visit someday soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for four nights in the nicest Bed and Breakfast of our Canada journey: Bostrom's B&B. The rooms are beautiful, clean and luxurious. The breakfast/common room has a great view (so do the private rooms) and offers a lot to enjoy or to get information about Ucluelet and the Pacific Rim. Breakfasts were awesome. Judy and Gary are the best hosts and we were very happy with all the good recommendations we have received. Thanks a lot for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. We stayed in Wild Room and Trail Suite - both are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

"Nicest Bed and Breakfast of (your) Canada journey", "Best hosts"? Ah, thanks guys. You made my day!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

When we decided to drive to Ucluelet for a short trip with another couple, I asked a friend who used to own a B&B there where she would recommend we stay. She gave me just one name: Bostrom's. Our first introduction to the property was the lovely front garden with its large pond. But then when we walked around back to the guest entrance, our jaws really dropped. The view was perhaps the best of any B&B we have stayed at, over several decades of travel. Bostrom's has just three rooms. One is up by the hot tub, which overlooks the bay. Our two rooms were on the lower level, also overlooking the bay. But in addition to our rooms, each of which had a private bathroom, we found that we had an enormous living room, complete with comfortable chairs, large-screen TV and DVD collection; a billiard/snooker table; and a microwave and small refrigerator--snacks provided. It was if the four of us had rented a house!

There ended up being an issue with our room--a former guest had left shells or perhaps a wet bathing suit in the closet, and when we closed the door for the night, there was an odor. When we let Judy know the next day, she was horrified, apologizing profusely. She worked on the room all day, and by the time we got back, she had resolved the issue. She so clearly cared, and she worked so hard to make us "whole," that our rating of the B&B went up, not down, as a result of this problem.

And did I mention the food? Perhaps the best breakfast of any B&B we have tried.

We will never stay anyplace else when we return to Ucluelet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

I just love it when I get the "jaw dropping" reaction when I walk folk around to the guest entrance. It makes me remember building the house, sitting on the beams, and dreaming that someday I would see this amazing view from the comfort of my own home. When building the house I never, in my wildest imagination, considered how rewarding it would be to share this view with so many wonderful folk. Your jaw dropping reaction helps me to see it all over again. Thank-you for reviving my "wow".

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went to Bostrom's for two nights for an anniversary trip. Judy immediately made us feel at home and was so wonderful for the entire stay. We were so comfortable in the room and enjoyed using the hot tub outside after our long days of hiking. The view off that deck... gorgeous. And I haven't even mentioned the food yet :) We took a picture of our breakfast... BOTH mornings!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I just love it when folk take pictures of the breakfast! We use borage, violas, and nasturtiums to decorate our plates and spiralize vegetables and fruits for texture. Comments like this make me want to do even better. I must go practice my drizzling! ;D

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this fabulous B&B situated on Little Beach. What a location! stunning views, natural beauty of Little Beach and surrounding area. Hosts Gary and Judy are the most warm and welcoming hosts with a great knowledge of local areas of interest and eating places. Judy's breakfasts are of the highest gourmet standard.Both can advise about the wildlife you can see in the area, in particular Gary for whales/ bear sightings and Judy is a mine of information about absolutely anything. The decking areas have superb views, to relax, with a book, coffee, plan your day, or chat about your days adventures, and don't forget the hot tub. Inside is a great source of games, books leaflets, a gigantic tv and pool/snooker table.
We have just arrived home and are planning to be back in a couple of years to spend longer here,as 3 days is definately not long enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I look forward to seeing you folk again in a year or so. 3 days really is not long enough. There's just so much to see and do in the area!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

As landlubbers from Switzerland we of course enjoyed the spectacular ocean setting right in front of Bostrom's BB, the warm hospitality and gorgeous breakfasts of Judy. We felt welcome in a very comfortable and beautifully decorated room. Sitting in the evening sun on the ocean deck, listening to the sounds of the water, the bald eagles - and looking forward to a declicous seafood meal in Ucluelet. That's what we call a vacation! The whale watching trip with Judy's husband Gery was a highlight of our trip. We will be back at Bostrom's!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I think my husband, Gary, does the best whale watching trips around and I'm so glad you were able to go out with him. Gary is able to offer a First Nations cultural interpretation of the area and mix it up with few stories of his own, written after a lifetime on the water. Unfortunately, because he is working for Majestic Kayaking, on the Broken Group Day Trip, I can not always book him for whale watching tours. Luckily there are plenty of other operators and enough whales and sea animals for all to enjoy.
"We will be back at Bostrom's". I sure hope so! I'll keep the espresso machine warmed up for you!