“Awesome place to stay!”
Review of The Francis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
The Francis
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ucluelet
Toronto
“Awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been staying at Majestic while doing a kayak course with the local guru JF Marleau. First of all, this place is absolutely gorgeous! The finishes in the room and common area are top notch and the view of the harbour is great. The place has plenty of parking if you bring a car but I didn't bring one... and the main strip of retail stores is just a short 10 or 15 min walk. Through the windows... I have spotted Bald Eagles, Seals, Sea Lions, Otters, Cormorants, and a variety of other animals. If you just watch the water during breakfast... you can see them all.

Which brings me to their breakfast.... they are so big.... I am sure I have gained weight... even though I am on an intensive kayak course. It always feels like 3 breakfasts crammed into 1.

Lastly. .. for anyone who is taking a kayak course with SKILS in Ucluelet or doing some serious kayaking out here... Ted and Tracy have been great at helping me dry out my gear at the end of the day... which is impossible to do indoors without a dehumidifier here on the coast. This makes it the most kayak gear friendly place, as I would not get such a convenience elsewhere in town.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank wilburintoronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had some friends visiting with us for Christmas and wanted a weekend away on the west coast. I picked Majestic because I wanted a traditional cosy B&B. I loved the information on the website & the pictures gave me a good feel for the place. I was wrong - it was better.

Tracey & Ted welcomed us to a very rainy Ucluelet but this didn't damper our stay one bit.

The rooms are stunning. Beds super comfortable & Immaculately clean.

Breakfast was so tasty. Large portions, great local coffee. This was a very leisurely affair which added to our much needed restful weekend.

The guys at Majestic welcomed us all and my 6 year old daughter thought the moonlight dip in the hot tub whilst listening to the sea lions was just magical.

I can't rate these guys highly enough. From the cosy breakfast/lounge room (which included a fridge) with tea, coffee & hot chocolate always on hand. To some of the best shortbread we've ever had.

What a great weekend. We will definitely be back. We all want to try out the amazing kayaking tours that these guys offer too.

Check them out, you won't regret it.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank MrsTrippy
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is the month of December and after a four hour drive mostly in the dark and before we could turn the car engine off, the hosts were outside to greet us. Such a warm welcoming reception could only indicate what was to follow and upon entering the large spacious room, our expectations were exceeded. Enjoying the chemical free outdoor hot tub was a real bonus too. The more than generous breakfast was a carbon copy of the website picture and kept us going until late in the day. What more can one say, would we return, absolutely!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My 17 year old son and I took a trip to Ucluelet to go ocean kayaking and experience the wilder side of Vancouver Island. This B&B was first rate, very comfortable and attractive rooms with every convenience, wonderful non-chemical hot tub, stunning view and friendly and attentive staff. Those breakfasts are the best ever, and require a day of activity to work off (way to drum up business for the kayaking trips departing daily next door!). The resident eagle was a treat to watch from the hot tub, glass in hand after a day of exploring the broken group of islands. I will definitely be back, and have warmly recommended Majestic to friends - a very special holiday for the two of us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited Canada for the first time this summer, and had a breathtakingly beautiful vacation there - The highlight of our trip however was staying at this b&b. The view was way more than just beautiful, the breakfast delicious (I still dream about the french toast I had there), the family's hospitality amazing and the rooms comfortable, clean and beautiful.
We can highly recommend staying there and envy everybody who can go there sometime soon!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our first trip to the other side of the island and our first experience at a B&B. The breakfasts were great, the staff friendly and informative, and the location superb. The rooms were comfortable and I would highly recommend this location to anyone travelling in the area. We loved the bag of cookies provided each day for our road trip - a nice unexpected treat. The resident pets were always there to welcome you.

Room Tip: The four of us (2 sets of sisters) shared the unit with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom. This was roomy en...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's a a wonderful place for holidays! The rooms are modern, very clean and comfortable.
Tracy & Terry are so great hosts. They do their very best that we had a wonderful time there.
Alos they offer different Kayak Tours direct at the boat house. We made a full day Tour wich was absolute amazing. We saw a lot of animals in nature and silence...
So thank you, one of the best places where we have been during our Canada-Trip and 3 nights wasn't enough!

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms and every one is nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
Reef Point Cottages
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites
Bayshore Waterfront Inn
Bayshore Waterfront Inn
#5 of 11 in Ucluelet

Been to The Francis? Share your experiences!