All reviewscopper cabinhalf moon bayhot tubbeautiful walkinglong beachcondimentswoodsbeachestrailfridgecraftsmanshipcupboardtreeswildlifeocean
Reviewed June 11, 2017

We recently stayed for 5 nights in the Copper Cabin. The cabin itself was beautiful. I was however a little disappointed with the property. I love trees and thick vegetation but the bushes around the cabin were so thick you couldn't see more then a few feet. I was hoping to see some wildlife but they would have had to be standing on the porch before you could see them.
The cabin was well equipped with tea, coffee and sugar hot chocolate etc. It seems a lot of guest leave condiments so there is sauce, mustard and vinegar and salad dressings in the fridge and cupboards.
The owners give you directions on how to find the property which we found very helpful but I was a bit unhappy about the overall communication process of booking the cabin.
Florencia Bay Hideaway is very close to a beautiful walking trail that leads to two beaches which were both worth the effort to get to. However if you have trouble walking up stairs you may want to rethink about going to the beaches. Florencia Bay has 200 meters of wooden steps that go down to the beach and Half Moon bay also has steep wooden steps going down to the beach.
The Copper Cabin was very comfortable, very unique and a wonderful place to stay. One night we both sat in the hot tub as the sun slowly set and we spent a lot of time just sitting and relaxing in the comfy armchairs.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Australianjen
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I just wanted to say thank you so much for letting us stay at the Copper Cabin recently. I think we've all had times when we really needed to sit back and recharge, and usually ended up disappointed in some small way or other. This cabin was everything we had hoped for. Clean, well set up, and impeccable detailing. Utterly private and in such a beautiful setting. We have had lots of requests from coworkers and friends as to where you are, so hopefully they will get a chance to be there as well. Thanks. Vic and Cheryl Budd Henley

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank viking1126
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We had spent 2 months vacationing in Ucluelet right on the ocean. When it came time to leave we still wanted one last wk end but that meant having to find a place for our last couple nights. We came across this hidden gem and I can't say enough of this little Hideaway! The attention to detail, the craftsmanship the quaint little cabins, so relaxing!
Outside the cabins you feel like your all alone in the woods! You can sit on the front porch enjoying your morning coffee and watch the birds! Or sit in your private hot tub in the evening and look up at the stars!
Inside the cabin you can relax with a fire or have a bath in the claw foot tub! When it's time for bed the comfy comforter just welcomes you into a quick slumber!
You'll find everything you need to feel right at home here.
We loved it so much we went from a couple nights to five, we still didn't want to leave!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jill W
Reviewed October 19, 2016

This cabin is absolutely perfect! If I could build a vacation cabin in the woods it would be exactly like this. If I could build my forever home it would also be like this - just a bit bigger! Every detail has been thought out and done to perfection. I thought the huge copper bathtub was the reason this cabin is named the "copper cabin", but there are so many other copper elements that add to the whole look and feel of this homey cabin - from inlays, to sinks, to flecks in the tile, to the kitchen décor - Teri-Ann and Brent have created a wonderful oasis in which you can get away from the "real world" for either a day or two, or even a week or more! My husband and I stayed 5 nights for our 30th anniversary, but I would also have no problem taking my daughter or mother (on separate trips of course!) and using the cabin as the perfect home-base for exploring the West Coast.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KellyKD
Reviewed August 21, 2016

This was our first stay at the Florencia Bay Hideaway and it was above and beyond our expectations. The cabin was beautiful and was fully stocked with everything we needed. It was very clean and full of character! The grounds were very natural and provided plenty of privacy from the other cabins, making sitting on the patio very peaceful. The hot tub on the deck provided the perfect end to a day spent in the ocean or hiking one of the many nearby trails. The wonderful owners can be found around the property should you need anything but respectfully leave you to enjoy your vacation. It was a wonderful nature getaway complete with all the comforts! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: All the cabins were beautiful, it really just depends how much space you need.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family