Tripadvisor
Ucluelet
All reviews ocean mist haven room the wild pacific trail short drive hot tub suite accommodation west coast lighthouse canada
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Stayed for two nights in the Ocean Mist Suite in the spring. The room was great. Very clean, nice amenities. The outside tub was great but in a bit of an awkward spot right beside the door to another suite. The location was amazing, very close to ocean view with the cove about a minute away and the lighthouse just a short walk. The town is far enough away that you can definitely expect to be driving in. It was a great spot to relax and get away from the city.

Only problem I had was after getting back from the trip, I received an email from the host Mary, claiming that the credit card I had provided had not gone through, and threatening to take legal action against me if I did not pay them within 5 days. I had to phone Mary and pay long distance charges to inform her that I had in fact paid in full when I made the reservation and that the charge had gone through on my credit card more than two months prior to our stay. I phoned and informed her of this giving her the exact date the charge was approved and posted and there was no further argument but Mary was completely unapologetic of the situation.

While myself and my boyfriend loved the stay, the threat that followed it has cast it in a negative light for me and I doubt that I would be looking to stay here again the next time I want to go to Ucluelet.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catrina J
Management response:Responded December 8, 2016

Oh my, I highly apologize! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Isnt the area just beautiful!

Reviewed October 15, 2016

I'm a writer and needed a place to be inspired to write.I chose Wild Shores based on a promo i came across online for the Ocean Mist room. This was my first time in Ucluelet, and i was excited to get there and to the room that looked great in the pictures online with suggested ocean view. The room was cozy, but there was NOT an ocean view. I could see rocks and some water,but NO ocean view. That disappointed me and i would Not have chosen that room had i known this. I hadn't been there 10 minutes and right away had toilet issues. I let Mary know this and she said she'd send a plummer, if he came i didn't see him. I made the best of this even though i was underwhelmed.There were people staying in the Artist Loft upstairs who said they felt mislead too when they stayed in my suite prior, and complained. I let my feelings be known about my stay to the young lady that came to clean the room and she passed that on to Mary who called me personally and offered me a discount for the better suite upstairs. and i agreed to give that one a shot for an honest review. I waited till low season to book the room under the promo she had offered me at the time, but she wouldn't honor the original discount she quoted me (and i have the coupon to prove it). I hate throwing shade on anyone,but at the same time i dont like being promised something and then taking it back. I really hope this is not the case with other's that stay there who may have issues with the place. I'm not asking anyone not to stay there, but i for sure wont be back!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MarkS4473
Management response:Responded November 9, 2016

Whenever a guest is disappointed with their experience in any way we do everything we can to accommodate.

View: This room has a limited ocean view especially when the tide is low due to its location on the lowest floor. Because of this we have pictures associated directly with this room on all sites.

Due to this guests disappointment we offered him a complimentary two nights stay in our premier suite with a stated maximum value of $440. Wow! The room rates did go up from almost a year ago but we were happy to honor the gift certificate value which meant a nominal fee left for the guest to cover.

PS. Please check out the Ocean Mist room on our website and come stay with us! Double French doors opening towards the bay, with path to beach. Located on the Wild Pacific Trail and a new feature...a two person outdoor spa bath!!! Also please read the write ups and guest comments thoroughly as there are no more free gift certificates ;)

Happy planning

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Queen bedroom. It does not have ocean view but was not advertised as having an ocean view. Room is small but quite adequate and the price was right! The bathroom was large and very nice. Fridge, microwave, coffee pot and a few dishes. Previous reviews complained about no curtains: it now has curtains, including over the window where the street light shines in the room! Pillowy bed which was too soft for my liking but that is simply personal preference. Terrific location right on the Amazing Wild Pacific Trail. Our only real complInt, as with MANY others was the lack of cable TV. We did have a peak in the Artist Loft Suite. It was spectacular!!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2016

We stayed one night in the large upstairs suite. It was a one bedroom condo. The only item missing was a stove. There was a convection hot plate in the cupboard that we didn't find until after supper.
The view off the deck was amazing and we could hear the channel markers all night. We got to watch a Bald Eagle sit in a tree for hours. It was just the peace we craved. It is a drive from the center so you will drive to restaurants.
It was clean well appointed and I will go back.

Room tip: Main room although most expensive has the best view
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

Super location, with everything on the premises and in the room. Good bed and shower. BUT the room wasn't cleaned at over 3 pm, there's nobody to welcome you, it's difficult to reach someone to fix the room, the wifi isn't working, etc, etc.
All in all a promising place, but a very disappointing experience. Owners: fix this problem and provide service! Instead of mailing our credit card didn't come through( which it did every where else...)

Date of stay: May 2016