“Kwisitis is new name”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Scenic view
Good for: Scenic view
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Really good! We had lunch Aug 2014, I had the Seafood & Potato soup and the bannock was excellent (garlic and butter, can't lose!), the boys had cheeseburger and Coke, the fries were the best I ever had (stolen off their plates, just so-ooo good!) The place is now done-up with First Nations feel, the couple of staff that served us as well as the museum/info shop attendant, were all three apparently First Nations. A number of tables including at least a couple with small children, staff team ran things, works like a charm. (Unfortunate google maps misleadingly says this address "closed permanently" under OLD name, Wickaninnish Restaurant--and those photos make the place look dilapidated). Truth is, the place is all fresh and NEW, and doing a great seasonal business, Wick Beach in Pacific Rim National Park, (250) 726-2628, their site says W to Su 11 AM to 8 PM. Gorgeous vista view of amazing misty beach!, the clouds were weird--blue sky one side, black/grey at the far end! [Lots of people testing out the water, I think someone has a surf school--the green sun-shirts crowd]. Minor thing was the windows inside the restaurant need a wet suds and vinegar polish at the start of shift--at some point someone had run their fingers in the grease on the inside of the windows (I don't think it was moisture but I didn't test it myself), greasy window(s) took a bit away from the joy of the view. Otherwise, a super find!, price was no more than expected in a Vancouver walk-by lunch place--$36 lunch for 3, GREAT food and view.

1  Thank vjg7
There are newer reviews for Kwisitis Feast House Restaurant

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Our server, Jeff, took very good care of us. We had the Sockeyed Salmon Burger and the Tatonka Bison Burger. Both were seasoned to perfection and served with a fresh salad and tasty gourmet fries. By far the best place to dine in Ucluelet for the value and views.

1  Thank TripADspy
WyaPointResort, Manager at Kwisitis Feast House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Kwisitis Feast House. We're delighted that you enjoyed both the service and the food in addition to the view and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ucluelet!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This restaurant located in the Pacific a Rim National Park is located right on the beach and next to the visitors center. It is not a big place, but most tables are set in front of the big windows facing the ocean. The setting is spectacular. The menu strives to be a little upscale, but not overly so. It is supposed to have authentic First Nation cuisine. The food was good, but not outstanding. The fish seemed better than the elk burger, but all was fine. The service was fair. I would recommend the place just for the location. There's not another restaurant very near this one. It's a good spot to stop for a meal and visit the visitors center. We enjoyed walking the beach after, seeing starfish and seals.

1  Thank BaseballKent
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I recently visited The Kwisitis Feast House and I must say I was very let down. I had been there in 2009 when it was under different ownership and found it to be a romantic restaurant, great food with a view to die for.
The view is still to die for, but the food and service has drastically declined.
They offer things like Elk and Bison burgers which sound very tempting, but as I don't eat red meat I decided to try the duck dive burger and fries, well the fries were overly salty and upon trying to take a bite of the duck patty, I couldn't get my teeth through it. I investigated further and found one side of the patty pure fat and when |I cut into it, it bled. It tasted awful.
I got the server to come and take a look and she offered to put it back on the grill for me. Well, I was so turned off by the look of that patty. She removed the plate and asked if I wanted something else. Since I had ordered a glass of wine I really wanted to eat something.
I then ordered the Veggie-Wick sandwich on bannock bread and salad and found this to not be much better. The bread was greasy and the salad was horrid.
I did overhear other customers enjoying their fish and chips, so maybe I just picked the wrong menu item, twice. I would not recommend this restaurant despite the view. Perhaps if you order fish and chips you're ok, but don't try to be too adventurous. I must add that the server was doing her best to make me happy in her attitude and actions, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

3  Thank ZoraSaboe
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We saw an OPEN sign for the restaurant at the highway (and had checked the opening hours on the internet before) and followed the road to the parking at the beach, payed the national park fee and went to the restaurant - which was CLOSED!!!

1  Thank LAworldwide
WyaPointResort, General Manager at Kwisitis Feast House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

First, let me sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding our posted hours. The signage has been corrected. We'd love for you to visit us again if/when you are next on the Coast. Please contact us at udcadmin@ukeecable.net so that we can ensure that you are taken care of on your next visit.