“Fantastic Family Fishing Trips”

Pacific King Fishing Charters
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We've taken our kids the past several years and Hank has always displayed a gentle, caring and fun attitude no matter how many fish we catch or loose. Our family trips aren’t about how many fish we can bring home – it’s about the opportunity to spend family time together and having fun - and we have Hank to thank for this. Hank’s boat is safe, clean, comfortable, heated (for those cool mornings) and configured nicely for fishing. I also appreciate Hank letting me bring my own gear and allowing me to help - especially when the action is fast and hectic with the kids reeling multiple fish at the same time. Ucluelet is a wonderful place – great fishing, spectacular scenery, miles of hiking trails, and many opportunities to view wildlife. The kids always look forward to fishing each summer with Hank – now a friend of the family.

1  Thank ChinookSalmon

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Although his wife finds it hard to believe, Hank really knows what he is doing! In four consecutive years of fishing with Hank we have limited out, including one year when the run was slow. Halibut or salmon, he does it all. And when you lose one right at the side of the boat, he STILL makes you feel like a pro. Hank is lots of fun, has plenty of interesting things to say, and his wife, Heather, runs a great B&B.

1  Thank steve d
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have over the years gone on several fishing charters and have always been disaapointed by the lack of fish we caught.
Then I was introduced to Hank Griffin who runs Pacific King Fishing Charters. On my first trip I went with 2 friends and besides throwing back a bunch of smaller fish, we all caught our limit of Salmon and Halibut by noon. We also caught a few lovely Lingcod.

I just recently went again and experienced the same thing. Hank is an expert fisherman with years of experience and know how. His boat is first class and Hank is probably the most friendly and personable fishing guy I have ever had the privilege of knowing. I would choose him anytime and highly recommend him. If you want a really good experience and enjoy catching lots of fish, then you need to contact Hank and book him as soon as possible, since he is so good he gets booked out a year in advance by returning customers.

2  Thank KenCrause
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've been on several charters across the Northwest coast and Vancouver Island over the years and none have been more enjoyable than my trip with Pacific King Charters. Hank is a first class captain who truly made our family trip one to remember. He has been fishing the area for many years and it shows. He got us on the fish and our group of 4 had our limits of salmon and halibut. Hank works hard to make sure the lines are in the water at all times and coaches less experienced fishermen with patience and a professional and fun attitude. Our catch was bleed and put on ice immediately on the boat and cleaned when we got back to the docks making it easy to pack up the coolers with the freshest meat. Ucluelet is a beautiful place to visit and with world class fishing and a captain like Hank, I will be booking annual trips with Pacific King Charters.

1  Thank Jon965
See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been on many different charters in Washington state and British Columbia and Pacific King is the best. I have enjoyed them so much I have gone every year since 2010 and am looking forward to my 4th trip in a couple weeks. Capt. Hank makes you feel so comfortable and welcome on the boat. He is very patient and kind, something I especially appreciate as a woman. Pacific King has not disappointed, each year I've come home with my limits of BIG fish. This charter is the total package: fun, personal and full of fish!

1  Thank tiffm422