“The cafe latte was comprable to Starbucks but the scones, date bars and other goodies out shines them hands down.”
Review of Barkley Cafe

Barkley Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Ucluelet
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: This cozy little West Coast café welcomes you with friendly staff, organic Coffee & Tea Specialty drinks, and delicious breakfasts and lunch items. We serve daily specials, fresh baked goods, & healthy snacks too! Everything is made to order, and delicious! Gluten-Free options available. The Barkley Beans are hand picked, shade grown, fairly traded, and chosen for their high quality and flavor. Roasted daily in Victoria, on Vancouver Island, by Caffe Fantastico. Located in the center of Ucluelet, on Peninula Road, at Davison Plaza.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a light and quick break fast and choice their freshly baked ham & cheddar cheese scone that resembled the size of a big slice of pizza. It was amazing with a double extra hot vanilla latte. It was so good, I couldn't resist have their date oat bar that was soft and about twice the size of what I usually get in my favorite Starbucks. My wife had their fresh rubarb oat bar. They could patent their treats and make a bundle supplying the big boys in the city of Victoria. This coffee shop could seat about 20 people but you don't have to worry about malingerers as the Internet band-width makes surfing very slow.

• Korean first
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Great latte and tasty food!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I decided to try this cafe as a result of its excellent tripadvisor reviews. I am so pleased that I listened to the reviews!

I stopped in on a Sunday morning, and ordered a latte and their sandwich special. The latte was perfectly made, and absolutely delicious. The sandwich (the Ultimate Grilled Cheese) was fantastic. Probably the best version of a grilled cheese sandwich I've ever tasted.

The located is central to the town and the atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. I stayed for about an hour, sipping my latte, reading a book, and enjoying the view. Definitely a must-stop if in Ucluelet and in need of caffeine!

West Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent mocha”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love coffee. I've had many many mochas in my life and this is one of the best ones I've ever had. I highly recommend this cafe - funky vibe, locals love it, and great surf magazines.

Lethbridge, Canada
“Good coffee...”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had coffe here each morning after finding it. We had previously gotten our lattes at a different location but found this one soon after. It is prob the best place for coffee in Ukee that we found. A bit pricey and quite strong. The food looked good but we didn't have a chance to try it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GravityLady
Victoria
“Thriving coffee shop”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place has amazing reviews and truly their coffee is delicious, we got a mocha and an americano and it is probably the best coffee in town. Little pricey but hey, aren't most coffee shops? We only wish we had gotten there before the grill closed as we were looking for lunch and my fiance had to get a wrapped sandwich which he was less than impressed with, and really he'll eat mostly anything if he's hungry. The soup they had on special would have been delicious I'm sure. We grabbed some desserts for the road (2 power balls and a brownie). The power balls are delicious and made by a woman in town so sometimes in limited supply but the brownie unfortunately had little flavor, maybe it was out a little too long? Either way we'll be back for the coffee and power balls and we'll make sure we show up earlier for lunch!

• Visited April 2013
tanya007, Owner at Barkley Cafe, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thanks for your review. We're glad you stopped in. The SPECTACULAR coffee, treats, and grilled sandwiches are definitely worth coming back for - grill closes at 3pm. Awesome daily specials too. Thanks for giving your input...I'll be sure to pass it along to our staff. See you next time!!!