“Ucluelet / Bamfield / Tofino Charter”

High Roller Charters
Ranked #19 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Awesome trip, Todd really knows his stuff and his boat was a pleasure to fish off! 35 knot winds outside, marginal fishing inside and he still managed to get us onto some fish with chances at a nice one. Most boats in the area were reporting only 1 or 2 hits or nothing at all. We landed 5 salmon and released many more little guys.

Highly recommended as a guide if you are fishing the west coast or Nanaimo area.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a chance to book with Todd over the third weekend of July, 2012. What a great day! When all the other boats around us weren't catching fish, Todd kept us busy on the rod. We rarely had time to sit back and enjoy the view before another rod was bouncing with a fish at the end.
The weather for this trip made it difficult to get to his favorite spots, but like a true pro, he performed beyond expectation and made one hell of a day out of what I thought would be nothing. Looking forward to my next booking, I'm always impressed with the professionalism and skill of this top West Coast Fishing Guide. Todd Jennings, the only name you need for a phenomenal fishing experience!

-Nick S.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This fishing charter was planned to entertain client and build friendships.The client we took out was so thrilled, excited and extremely happy, Captain Todd is by far the best fishing charter guild we have experienced. On the second day I caught my very first Tyhee, which was 32 pounds spring salmon the unforgivable thing is I didn't buy my derby ticket; if I had I would have taken 3Rd place on the leader board and maybe an invite back in September for the big fishing derby. We had a excellent laid back time and caught lots of fish. We also seen whales fishing, birds fishing and beautiful scenery. We recommend High roller Charters for a very fun filled fishing experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Amazing fishing trip! Caught limit of both halibut and salmon and even got to see humpback whales. Gorgeous scenery! Would definitely book another charter with captain Todd.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've been on dozens of charters, all over the place, and here's how I rank them. Two were a total rip off, most were OK, three were really amazing... then I did one last weekend and Todd created a new category - All Around Awesome!!

Last weekend my brother, my father (77 and a little wobbly) and I were in Ucluelet for the long weekend with the family. We walked down to the docks on Saturday morning to see if we could get a Sunday morning fishing trip arranged. Of course these trips are not cheap (500+ bucks) so I'm always hesitant to book with an unknown. My brother did the next best thing - looked for a boat that had just caught fish that morning, and after a quick survey, Todd was our man.

We set off nice and early (but not too early.. thanks man) and under Todd's recommendation headed out on some pretty rough seas. First of all - Todd's boat is a tank!.. so while other boats were messing around on the inlets, we were headed for the fish. Over the next few hours we caught tons of fish!!. Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod, more Salmon.. awesome!!. The funniest part was that all the other fishermen kept phoning Todd to see where he was.. by the time the other boats got out to where we were, we had hit our limits and were heading home!

After some filet wizardry (you should see this man filet a halibut) and a smooth ride in, we walked about with about $800 worth of fresh catch!.. Todd - you are the man.. a great fisherman, and a tremendous host. Also, thanks so much for helping with my dad - he's former merchant navy, has lived at sea for months, has fished all over the world - and said hands down that was the most enjoyable, and productive fishing trip of his life... not bad for 77.

Todd - thanks again.. and we'll see you next time I'm out in Ucluelet.

1  Thank Iain M