“Patios with hot tubs over the Pacific”

Water's Edge Shoreside Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ucluelet
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Anyone who stays here and doesn't take advantage of the Hot tubs overlooking the ocean is missing out.
Where else can you sit on a water front in a Jacuzzi and watch eagles sore overhead and seals swim as they follow the fishing boats in and out?
Some people complain that they are unable to get the Jacuzzi hot enough. So I'll give you my tips for a smoking hot water front soak:
The trick is to bring as much water to a boil on the stove and pour them into the tub as you start running as hot of water as possible from the faucet. Then, refill the pots and put them back on the burner for another boil (cold water from the kitchen). Leave only the hot water flowing into the tub until it's about half full, then start cooling down the water slowly. Throw in the pots of water that should now be boing, settle the temperature and climb in and relax. I would even give the pots one last boil, so I can add it later to warm the water back up, as the goal is to leave the hot water tank heating back up for as long as possible before starting to drain it again.

Ensure to be very cautious as your walking to the tub from the kitchen, carrying boiling water can be dangerous.

Room Tip: Ensure you commit and get in a good, hot soak, and try taking out the tandem bicycle for a cruise ar...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travis L

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had purchased a groupon for 219 (up to 438) dollar value which expires January 31. On November 22 I went to book and I realized I had to book by November 15. Completely my fault but I knew that there was so much time left I figured they'd cut me some slack for being a week late - I didn't want to go until January anyway. Not the case. I called and the receptionist told me they wouldn't honour the deal. She just said it was policy so I asked to speak to the manager. The manager wasn't available so she said she'd call me. An hour later I got a voicemail from the same receptionist telling me the same thing. I called back trying to get the manager. The receptionist again told me that "I don't know why you want to talk to her she will tell you the same thing". I explained id try later. Eventually I reached her and yep she told me the same thing. I was honest about my mistake but I didn't understand why they wouldn't honour it, it was just a week and it was only the booking date that expired not the date to use it by. She kept telling me it was a contract. I didn't get what difference it made as it's so far in advance. Eventually she admitted the reason was they would get 20 dollars extra a night! I asked if 40 dollars was worth disappointing a customer and not showing a bit of compassion she basically said yes it was. They must be hurting. She said "I think it's pretty good well still give you the money you paid". I explained well yah otherwise that'd be stealing it's not exactly a deal. She said "well groupon keeps some of that money". Unprofessional and unreasonable. Most other businesses would be a bit more gracious about an honest mistake. I would understand if the dates to go had expired or if it was last minute but I was a week late for booking a trip that is over 2 months away. Policy is not there to be strictly followed in cases like this, help out a customer who isn't asking much.

All said and done I will attempt to get a refund. I. Can't believe that advertised value when in the end it was a savings of 40 dollars. I'm hoping it gets refunded these people seem
unreasonable and rude. I'm sure I'm not the only one who messed up on the booking dates.

Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank j123456123
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Yes, friendly is the word. It applies to the staff, the guests and the local ravens. The suite was better than average with a fully-stocked kitchen - right down to a dozen or more spices. Great view over the inlet. The tub is a bubbler, not a water jet, but it was wonderful on a cool rainy afternoon.

Room Tip: Go for a third floor suite. Good views and no upstairs neighbours.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lakelover28
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at the resort - deal purchased off of groupon. Stayed in a lovely luxury 1 bedroom suite - contained a private outdoor jacuzzi tub and kitchenette. The tub area was very private - bring your own bubble bath! Staff at reception were very friendly. Had a wonderful massage at the resort's on-ground spa. The owner brought in another masseuse so that my husband and I could have massages at the same time. Beautiful scenery from room- woods, ocean, and mountains. Suggestions - coffee filters in kitchenette, directional sign off of main road to alert location of resort, provide complimentary Epsom salts or bubble bath for guests. We'll be back to this resort again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a great experience in the Waters Edge Resort....with the BC Ferry package deal, we ended up paying 200 a person for round trip ferries and two nights in a two bedroom suite! We originally wanted an inlet view but unfortunately we could only get a harbor view....WHICH we ended up loving!! The Jacuzzi on the patio was GREAT! We threw in some dishwasher soap and had a giant bubble bath!! Seeing otters and seals right from the patio or living room was my favourite. There is a little boardwalk that will bring you to a gazebo over looking the ocean on the grounds! - great for a few beers. The rooms had some wear-and-tear but i am not too picky about furniture or carpets! The location was great, lots of trails little restaurants and coffee shops in the area. DEFINITELY check out the Wild Pacific Trail, most beautiful trail of my life.....also Tofino is a must see!!! I would definitely come back, in fact I plan on coming back in the Summer....all in all it was a great experience!

Room Tip: Just get a room with a Jacuzzi! That's all that really matters....harbor and inlet views are equ...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

In the centre of Ucluelet harbour , this stylish rustic quiet property commands views over the fishing boats at their moorings , and the outer channel.
Rooms are in 2-3 storey blocks with parking adjacent to the rooms. Room décor is west coast style with plenty of wood , leather and tile on display. My room had a full kitchen with dishwasher.....self-catering is easy if that's what you want, as everything is provided....just bring food. Comfy bed and clean as a whistle bathroom with all the trimmings. The room balcony overlooking the harbour has a hot-tub , although the rain and cold wind made it rather redundant during my visit! Typically the rooms are in the $150-200+ range depending on size and location.
The resort suited my taste both in style and location , and I would recommend it for anyone making a trip to Ucluelet ......in my view it's a nice alternative to the busier Tofino, with several good restaurants within 3 mins drive of the hotel. Onsite Spa with massage available too.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms may be noisier in the 2-3 storey blocks....choose from harbour view , or water vi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BCFoodie
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at The Waters Edge Resort for a week in September. And it was just what we needed to relax. Our own little unit allowed us to eat in when we wanted to or to leave and explore the restaurants in Ukee. My only complaint is that the beds are just a little bit too hard, other than that we would definitely stay there again. The view from our balcony was amazing and we loved every second at the resort.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bunzi4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
The Francis Boutique Inn
Long Beach Lodge Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Water's Edge Shoreside Suites? Share your experiences!