“Best hash browns I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Room

The Blue Room
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Blue Room, A West Coast Bistro is loacted in the heart of Ucluelet. We have an amazing view of the harbour, which is even more spectacular from our large patio. Enjoy all-day breakfast or lunch starting at 11 am and join us for Dinners starting at 5pm. With large portions, we serve only the freshest of ingredients. So come in and "Get Stuffed" at The Blue Room.
“Best hash browns I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had breakfast at The Blue Room 2 mornings on our visit to Ucluelet in early September. Their food was delicious and their hash browns are the best I have ever had. My husband and I had the Breaky Sandwiches the first day which was a huge roll with eggs, Canadian bacon or sausage and cheese. The were so big I took half of mine to go. The hash browns are cubes potatoes with onion and bacon crumbles and are cooked to perfection. They are not greasy and are seasoned well. Also the Blue Room is one of the few restaurants open at 7:00 so that was great too. The second visit we had the meat and eggs which was 2 eggs, meat of your choice and toast along with the hash browns. It was great too. The place was busy and does not have too many tables inside, but the service was good and the staff was friendly. We didn't have the chance to have any other meals there, but it was a great choice for breakfast food.

• Visited September 2013

Bell, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chef shouldn't argue with a customer!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is still probably the best place[only?] to get breakfast in Ucluelet.I went the first time and asked if the hash browns were crispy, I hate soft potatoes. Yes I was told, they are deep fried. Perfect I thought. Not!!!,just same old soft potatoes. So I just ate the eggs. Next day I went again and asked to substitute the hash browns for perogies.Off went the waitress to ask chef, NO, $4.00 surcharge said the embarrassed waitress.OK how about toast instead of soft potatoes. No substituting toast said the embarrassed waitress, after consulting with the chef, but he will give you crispy hash browns.OK, it was an act of purest optimism to accept. No, again soft potatoes, now I am just pissed,stupid chef, was it really worth it holding out on me for toast! BTW,the 2 waitresses we had were great!!!My gripe is with the chef/owner.

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent little spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an excellent little spot on the road through town. We had a late breakfast on a Saturday and just got in on time before the lineup. Not very many tables inside but they a patio with about 5 more tables and despite it being a little cool these were filled to. A variety of breakfast items, the food was very good and large meals. Nice spot would stop in again and try lunch next time.

• Visited September 2013
St. Albert, Canada
“The Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place doesn't look like much from the street, but it has great breakfast food and lots of it. It is quite small, but on nice days you can sit outside on their patio. Service is quick, friendly and very attentive. I like a real breakfast - no continental stuff - and I had a great breakfast here.

• Visited August 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Enjoyed one lunch and one breakfast here. Friendly folks and amazing food, including the big Ukee-Ranian breakfast, which included some pierogi..:)

Visited September 2013