“Sublime.”

Norwoods Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Sublime.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Do yourself a favor, give this place a go, it is absolutely first rate.
I must admit to some initial trepidation when reading a few of the negative reviews however I am exceedingly glad we discounted them. This is a great restaurant. (It would want to be for the price - but it does deliver.) Some people have made comments like "bit pricey for BC West Coast!" I say who cares where it is?!! I am happy to pay for top quality food & service be it in Sydney, New York or in Ukee. Quality of this type costs. ( However of course if things go awry & fair expectations aren't met then the price becomes an issue & fair enough too. Top quality price demands top quality delivery.) We had a really excellent experience. The Restaurant's interior is subtle, modern & elegantly unpretentious.
The service was of the highest order. I really enjoy it when a waiter is professional, efficient, knowledgeable & most importantly approachable. I get a bit tired of the aloof, snobbery some high priced establishments affect. The head man on the night we were at Norwoods was on top of his game. The chefs in this place really know their stuff, they were obviously well prepared, never flustered & delivered excellence through each of our 3 courses.
My mussel & curry appetizer was just delicious. A great taste & a nice portion. My wife's scallops were just amazing (though I would have liked to see three in her plate instead of two- truly my only whinge.) My wife had the entree tuna- wonderful & I had the Halibut - fabulous risotto. I had a chocolate Torte & my wife had a baked Goats Cheese Cheesecake - scrumptious.
The restaurant is on the main street of Ucluelet & there is no "view". Not a problem as the magic happens on the plates not out the windows.
We walked away very satisfied. Don't expect to walk away stuffed to the gills, that's not the point. This food is art not an exercise in famine busting. We certainly did not leave hungry. Top marks Norwoods, if I come back this way you will be on my list of must do's.

• Visited August 2014

Eiterfeld, Germany
“perfect and luxurios dinner!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

on our round trip on vancouver island we made a reservation for this restaurant. it was an excellent dinner. a little bit expensive but very high qualitiy. i recommend Norwoods to everybody who likes high quality and fancy food.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Top class restaurant, very good food - bit pricey. London prices on Vancouver West coast ! Restaurant is small so you need to book.

Bath
“Totally Delicious”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We have just eaten here, and I am compelled to review instantly. This is the best meal out I have had in ages, the total meal was delightful, the service was fantastic, and when you take into account the amount of time and skill taken to produce the menu it is extremely good value for money. If you are in the area and love and appreciate good food, you must visit. I expect that booking is essential, and I would to avoid disappointment. To be honest I don't know what these people who have written negative reviews are talking about. Just go and enjoy.

Visited August 2014
Boca Grande, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The food was excellent but I must say quite expensive for the quantity of a serving and I am not a big eater.