“2nd time and better than ever!”

Norwoods Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Norwoods is fantastic, very consistent (as we are repeat offenders) The only thing I noticed that the portion size has gotten smaller since the last time. This place on the expensive side. BUT you definitely get what you pay for. Better than anywhere else I've eaten in Vancouver!

There are newer reviews for Norwoods Restaurant

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Small place in the center of town. Outstanding meal and service. Great suggestions on wine pairings. Warm and cozy on a rainy night. Best meal we had on Vancouver Island. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great expectations not quite met. The restaurant is very attractive but we were stuck in a corner: I looked at a wall and husband at the frosted window. Table was small so I felt like we'd been sent to the closet for bad behaviour. Considering I'd made the reservation at least 6 weeks prior, I thought we'd have a better table. I called the day of our reservation to ensure low sodium restriction could be met recognizing this is a matter of interpretation and makes it difficult for a kitchen. I had a scrumptious BC riesling. I started with the local mussels in a tomato broth. They were delicious, super tender but I could feel the salt so husband enjoyed a lot of the dish. I knew the broth was pre-made and took a chance on salt level. Husband enjoyed his single braised short rib with 4 fries and sauce. For a main, he had the tuna on fried noodles and thought it really good. I had the halibut sans proscuitto with the crab and asparagus risotto. My biggest disappointment was the temperature--cold plate, barely lukewarm risotto with a very small piece of barely warm halibut. The waiter checked in with us after I'd eaten at least half and I mentioned temperature; he offered to replate it. Husband nearly finished so that didn't make sense to me. As consolation, they offered a complimentary dessert but I didn't want anything. Husband had the goat cheesecake and loved it. I tried it and, yes, delicious. In retrospect, I wish I'd purchased some great food and cooked at our cabin.

2  Thank luvveggies
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by the management of the Black Rock Resort and also the Whiskey Landing Lodge and my wife and I were not disappointed by dining there. The exterior is quite unpretentious but once inside you realize this place will be a real treat with the open kitchen and small, but very efficient dining room which is well appointed. We were told to ensure we had reservations and even though mid October is a slow season, the restaurant was extremely busy, an no wonder. The food was excellent and so was the service with the waitress having worked for many years in Tofino and also in Banff, where we live. The scallop and octopus appetizer was recommended to us by a waitress from the Wickaninish Inn's Pointe Restaurant so we both shared this dish to start. The error we made was not ordering our own as it is superb! The filets were cooked to perfection and served both hot and with all the accompaniments you would expect from a restaurant of this calibre. We're only hoping this place will not close for the season as we are planning on returning to Ucluelet in early November and will dine there at that time if they are open.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was amazing, the best I've had in Canada, the service was excellent. There was obviously a waitress in training, sage, and she was lovely. The waitress training her was doing a fantastic job in teaching her and it was great to see how well she was being treated and trained. Only downside would be the male waiter being a bit rude and snobby. All in all I would recommend this place to anyone going to ucluelet.