“Exquisite dining and frank hospitality”

Norwoods Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

After a long day traveling we found ourselves entering Norwood's restaurant... Our 1&3 year old caused some initial staff frowning and we then realized we'd stepped in a 'above average restaurant'. Well, Norwood's for sure is exceeding all BC restaurants we've got to know over this last year. Yes, BC dining can be pretty fine but it almost always lacks a proper soul and daringness. Most often a reflection of experience and the lack of it.
At Norwood's you will encounter the pleasant exception: it's a haven for the palate and the eye. The creations are ambitious yet not pretentious.
The kitchen is open and organized, the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable....
All in all we had a wonderful evening, and so had our kids!
- Peter W, 26May2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday while we were travelling to the Ucluelet. I had read all the reviews on trip advisor and visited their website. I wanted to eat somewhere that was fine dining but casual at the same time! Norwood's was a cute intimate restaurant where you could see everything that was going on. The chef's cooking, the waitresses serving, and people enjoying their meal! We shared the Korean style lettuce wraps for an appetizer and it was so good! From the pulled pork to the homemade kimchee, the dish was amazing. For an entree I had the beef tenderloin and it was so filling and full of flavor. It was the best piece of meat I've ever eaten. My boyfriend had eaten the halibut wrapped in prosciutto and he said that it was the best meal he has ever eaten in his life! We finished up our meal with the goats cheese cake and the creme brule. They were to die for. Next time I am in town I will for sure be dining at Norwood's again!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Norwoods should be in Vancouver! This restaurant rivals some of the best anywhere.

The space is small, but that adds to the atmosphere. The menu is limited but that is a good sign of any great bistro.

Halibut - Amazing
Duck - Best I've had
Chocolate mousse - absolute perfection!

Not a cheap meal, but if you are on vacation and staying in Ucluelet you have to come here. This place is a gem that can't be missed.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our most memorable meals of our lives. Totally excellent. Scallops appetizers were perfect as was the halibut entrée served on crab and asparagus risotto. World class!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Phenomenal!!!!!

The best food we have ever had. Definitely worth sitting at the "Chef's table"

Service excellent, food spectacular.

Might have to move to Ucluelet just so we can eat here again.

A definite diamond in the rough.