“Best clams in Ucluelet”

Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Offshore Restaurant offers excellent food and great service! My partner ordered steamed clams appetizer and said they were among the best he has ever eaten. While the menu does not list vegetarian entrees, the chef can prepare vegetarian options. I ordered linguini with vegetables in green curry sauce, which was very good. They also had a great choice of drinks... I ordered a Pomegranite Mojito.
The restaurant has small indoor dining space; therefore reservations are recommended during the peak dining hour. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank AvantgardeAdventurer

Reviewed June 25, 2010

I run a B&B in Ucluelet and over and over again this restaurant has been a hit with my custormers. Folk will often go night after night and one couple actually extended their stay with me because they had a fabulous meal and made reservations for the following evening. My husband is a fisherman and so we seldom eat seafood in a restaurant. It is usually overcooked or lacking in freshness. The Off shore is our exception. This is the only restaurant where we order seafood and really enjoy the various ways that Tina finds to prepare it. We go back again and again.

2  Thank Judy B
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We first called in here for lunch and we weren't expecting much as the place looks quite small from the outside. In fact it was quite small on the inside too with only five or six tables plus a few more on the terrace. I chose the chowder and my wife had salmon - both were absolutely delicious and great value. A further visit the next evening revealed a rather more expensive menu but the food was excellent and we considered it to be very good value for money - the staff are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is very cosy. Our favourite of several very good restaurants in Ucluelet.

Reviewed April 24, 2010

We couldn't agree more with “Lovely little hidden gem - don't miss it”! We found this Cafe to be the best value for money in our travels this week throughout Victoria, Vancouver, and Vancouver Island. To say we both enjoyed the 2 Specials of the Day is an understatement. They were delicious and well worth the price of 45$, dessert of mango & black berry crumble a la mode included! The appetizer contained very fresh raw octopus slices in a clear broth of fresh diced scallions, carrots, & rice vermicelli. The main course was an openfaced sandwich of seared tuna slices served on a bed of fresh spinach leaves & miso on pannini bread that was lightly spread with a ginger & lime mayo. The little cafe was clean and neat & the decor was eclectic. Our waitress was the owner and chef and most friendly and helpful with our touring questions. While there, two other tables filled, and they were both repeat customers.

1  Thank travelerArlington_VT
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We came to this restaurant on the recommendation of folks in the area. I had the sushi, for two tiny rolls I paid 21$...the rice was obviously not freshly made that day, it was almost crunchy from having sat in the fridge for atleast one night. I've made the mistake myself once and know its result. The seafood was nice and fresh but hardly made up for the low quality of the roll itself. In fact it just made it all the more tragic a waste. I can get tastier sushi at a supermarket and pay a fraction of the price! If I ever find myself in the area again I certainly will not go there for lunch. Our bill was 40$ for a most dissatisfying lunch.