“We really liked this little restaurant”

Offshore Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We first called in here for lunch and we weren't expecting much as the place looks quite small from the outside. In fact it was quite small on the inside too with only five or six tables plus a few more on the terrace. I chose the chowder and my wife had salmon - both were absolutely delicious and great value. A further visit the next evening revealed a rather more expensive menu but the food was excellent and we considered it to be very good value for money - the staff are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is very cosy. Our favourite of several very good restaurants in Ucluelet.

Reviewed April 24, 2010

We couldn't agree more with “Lovely little hidden gem - don't miss it”! We found this Cafe to be the best value for money in our travels this week throughout Victoria, Vancouver, and Vancouver Island. To say we both enjoyed the 2 Specials of the Day is an understatement. They were delicious and well worth the price of 45$, dessert of mango & black berry crumble a la mode included! The appetizer contained very fresh raw octopus slices in a clear broth of fresh diced scallions, carrots, & rice vermicelli. The main course was an openfaced sandwich of seared tuna slices served on a bed of fresh spinach leaves & miso on pannini bread that was lightly spread with a ginger & lime mayo. The little cafe was clean and neat & the decor was eclectic. Our waitress was the owner and chef and most friendly and helpful with our touring questions. While there, two other tables filled, and they were both repeat customers.

1  Thank travelerArlington_VT
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We came to this restaurant on the recommendation of folks in the area. I had the sushi, for two tiny rolls I paid 21$...the rice was obviously not freshly made that day, it was almost crunchy from having sat in the fridge for atleast one night. I've made the mistake myself once and know its result. The seafood was nice and fresh but hardly made up for the low quality of the roll itself. In fact it just made it all the more tragic a waste. I can get tastier sushi at a supermarket and pay a fraction of the price! If I ever find myself in the area again I certainly will not go there for lunch. Our bill was 40$ for a most dissatisfying lunch.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

This restaurant is small and unassuming with not many tables and a limited amount of food. We almost missed it but when we happened upon it for lunch we altered our schedule to make it a point to return for dinner. The staff couldn't be warmer or friendlier and the seafood couldn't be fresher. Nothing was hidden in strange sauces. They just know how to prepare clean, fresh, melt-in-your-mouth, great food. It is a place that the locals obviously appreciate because sometimes there is a wait for a table. It is definitely worth the wait! Enjoy!

Reviewed September 4, 2009

Looks like a shack! This is a tiny little restaurant with very little atmoshere except the fact it is in this very friendly and quaint town. The staff was great!! The food was amazing!!
You have to try the crab cakes. My wife had the salmon and said it was great. I had the cod with the most amazing currie sauce - the most amazing flavours!!!!
Next time we are in town we will make certain we eat here more than once.
Highly recommended.