“Scenic spot, relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Float Lounge

Float Lounge
Ranked #17 of 38 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sharing Spirited Cocktails and Ocean Views in Ucluelet, British Columbia Surrounded by the natural beauty and energy of Vancouver Island, Float Lounge in Ucluelet, BC offers a casual, contemporary atmosphere where city blues float away as easily as the tides. Cozy up to the glowing fireplace and relax with house inspired cocktails and spirited beverages. Our 50-seat Float Lounge features floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the mesmerizing Pacific Ocean, perfect for sunsets and storm watching. Watch waves crash on the rocky shoreline from the comfort of your seat under the remarkable wave inspired bar- no wetsuit required! Enjoy our light snack menu specially created for sharing with friends and family over warm conversation. Surrounded by West Coast nature and beauty, you'll find a welcoming contemporary atmosphere awaits you at Float Lounge in Black Rock Oceanfront Resort.
“Scenic spot, relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a orange mojito and pulled pork/lettuce leaf appy. Both very good, service was great, friendly staff.
This is your best value @ Black Rock resort. They have a variety of appys priced about par with other places, they also do a pretty good sushi variety and they make you a decent drink.

Visited June 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“A Great Lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and we just wanted to have a nice, quiet, relaxing time together and we found that FETCH, as great as the things I had heard about it were, we just weren`t interested in eating there, as we had been eating really high-end food for the past few days and wanted something simple and easy. So, we opted for FLOAT, the lounge at the Black Rock Resort. And that was a GREAT choice.

The drink menu was wonderful and really not that expensive. I was expecting prices to be higher, given the kind of place we were staying. But, no. It certainly was the opposite. My FLIGHT of beer was only $6 and wife`s usually expensive cocktail was only $4.75.

The food was also pretty good for pub fare. We tried the various appetizers and the burgers and we were delighted to find the food was quite tasty and very decently priced. Plus, we can only assume that the food comes from the Fetch kitchen. Bonus.

The desserts were delicious! We tried 2 or 3 and found them really quite satisfying and enjoyable. Especially the chocolate desserts we had. Wow.

On top of all this, the service was grand. The servers were attentive, friendly and chatted with us awhile, which we always enjoy. The bartenders made some great drinks, as well. And when he or she brought them over to us, they were equally friendly and chatty.

All in all, a great evening at Float. And we liked it so much, we went back two more times during our week-long stay!

• Visited August 2012
Abbotsford, Canada
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dropping in to the Float lounge while staying at the Black Rock Resort this weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed the tempura and spicy tuna roll while enjoying our drinks.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, BC
“Good food with reasonable prices, AND open late!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had eaten here recently because I was told it was the only one that opened late (ie. after 9 pm). Upon arrival to the hotel, I was able to find a seat quickly.

I ordered their $15 special of the day - which happened to be an Aussie burger with a beer. I skipped the beer and had something else. The burger itself was really good. The patty wasn't dried out and was infused with some veggie stuff. It also came with both fries and a salad. Both sides were really good.

This lounge seems like a upscale hang-out place for locals but it wasn't that busy. (I did come on a weeknight.) Overall, I was after some good food and the Float lounge delivered without breaking the bank.

Visited March 2013
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Seriously when will you change ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Its been almost a year since I was last at Float and no change.
You can tell management is riding the $$$$martinis as there is no change.
Biggest problem i have -ask me if I want something else. Don't assume ill wave u down to spend my money or i will leave and not come back !
HATE:
No exciting food
Waitresses are mediocre/unattentive!
*****GO to Hanks Ucluelet these guys are eager to impress they made a great bowl of Mussels in rosemary white wine sauce at my request.
Sometime good food doesn't need a fancy atmosphere!!!