“Delicious”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I had fish and chips with an order of prawns. The food actually comes from a food truck, so we ate at a picnic table in the seating area located on site. Very relaxing and the food was very fresh and fabulous. We noticed that a great many of the locals eat here and you have to get there early or the vendors do run out of fish. After eating there, I can appreciate the look of disappointment on the faces of those who went home empty handed. Great food.

1  Thank traveldreamer02

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had heard about Jiggers and thought we'd give it a try. When I paid $18 for a two-piece F/C I thought that this was a mistake. But when the meal came out, the fish fillets were huge pieces of fresh caught cod. Very good and had enough for lunch the next day. Note, it is a food truck but there is a nice picnic area next to it.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

You won't go wrong when asking a local for the best place in town for lunch. This is what I've done at the lunch hour when I've spent a day in Ucluelet.
The answer from two locals was to go to Jigger's; and I've been so satisfied with the best fish and chips. The fresh halibut is fried at perfection. Well done Jigger's!!

2  Thank Robby_Cristian
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Don't be fooled by the fact that this is a Fish and Chip Truck. This was recommended to us by the owner of our Motel. The prawns were fabulous. I'm afraid my daughter and I will never enjoy them quite the same in Ontario again. The fish and chips were also amazing according to the rest of our group. As we were told. Once they open up, the line starts forming. Not to be missed.

1  Thank echo2010
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spent the day in Ucluelet and I didn't get a chance to check tripadvisor reviews in advance so we used the tried and true - "when in doubt eat where it looks like the locals are eating".

IT IS AWESOME!

We happened to drive by as we were looking for a quick bite to eat... it was a nice day and the most of the picnic tables were full so it looked like the place to try.

We did the fish and chips. The halibut pieces were HUGE coupled with the home cut fries the meal was heaven. I noticed a lot of locals having the chowder which looked awesome as well.

Excellent lunch and great value.

2  Thank Thebigticker