“Service and venue FAR exceeded the quality of food”
Review of Fetch Restaurant

Fetch Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy an artisan inspired culinary experience at Fetch Restaurant & Patio, our 90-seat oceanfront restaurant. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all menus have local themes and are carefully crafted to perfection by our professional culinary team. Amazing wine list & creative cocktails. Kid friendly menus available. Oceanfront patio open seasonally. All seafood is certified "oceanwise" sustainable.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I spend $36 for 10 oz of sirloin strip I expect something I can chew, What chef cuts meat WITH the grain? Though cooked as requested, and served well, the disappointment with the quality of meat on this special occasion spoiled it all. A restaurant asking these prices must find a worthy butcher or a chef that knows his meat. It hasn't so far. I do better on my own BBQ. Don't do the meat!
The salmon pasta dish was apparently delicious.
We didn't think we had to check Tripadvisor's review before going to such a high-rated venue but we should have done so before going to this resort's restaurant. It's not right to ask these prices for something so below average.
Reading the reviews about breakfast (now) we won't be eating it on site.

1  Thank bigJ65

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Black Rock and ate here one night and for breakfast.

For breakfast there was limited selection and the food was really slow to come out, which apparently is common according to other hotel employees. The food was good and reasonably priced for breakfast.

For dinner the food was good, but not what I would expect at this high price point. The portion sizes for some of the mains were quite large. My meal was good sized, my boyfriend's duck was huge though. He normally eats lots, but after an appetizer and the main course he felt totally stuffed. The molten chocolate cake was really yummy for dessert. Overall we had a good meal, the service was good and the view was beautiful, but we felt like we could have found a similar meal for a lot cheaper in town.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

A fantastic location – oceanview spectacular – modern design – superior furnishings. However, nothing on the menu for vegetarians contrary to the advice of front desk. Dinner a disappointment slow service and overpriced.

Breakfast a further disappointment – simple buffet : fruit not replenished, only scrambled egg on offer, no tomato. Floor not cleaned between seating (kids do make a mess). Check your bill - they charge for hot water!

Also, the housekeeping staff keep up a continuous walkie-talkie chatter in the bedroom hallways in the morning. The "Do Not Disturb" card is no deterrent!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

very delicious entrees but several items on the sparse menu were not available, although no reasoning provided

Reviewed January 21, 2014

A return trip to Fetch after a years absence. Nice sunny winter day watching waves pound against the black rocks of the coast while sitting by a warm window. Can't be beat.
The service was very good (although there were only four tables for lunch this day).
I had the grilled short rib sandwich with guyere and caramelized onions; with french fries.
A superb sandwich.
My wife had the grilled chicken sandwich with salad. Another hit.
Portions were very large - we ended up taking half the sandwich each home.
Next time I think I will prefer the sandwich toasted instead of grilled - not as greasy on your hands.
Price was in line with portion...$31 for the two.
Yes, we will return.