“Great service ,not so great food”
Review of Fetch Restaurant

Fetch Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy an artisan inspired culinary experience at Fetch Restaurant & Patio, our 90-seat oceanfront restaurant. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all menus have local themes and are carefully crafted to perfection by our professional culinary team. Amazing wine list & creative cocktails. Kid friendly menus available. Oceanfront patio open seasonally. All seafood is certified "oceanwise" sustainable.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been for dinner twice now and both times service has been great. The last time the dinning room was busy but our server made sure that the paper and crayons were plentiful and always made time to stop and accept the newest of art from my 2 year old daughter. That being said both times now the food has been less than alright. The first visit I had scallop and pork belly,the veg was warm but raw and the pork belly was dry and chewy. The second visit my husband and I both had the duck. It landed on the table ice cold. It seems to me maybe they should stop trying to fit 30 ingredients in one dish to justify a 30-40 $ price tag and go back to the basics e.g. Hot food hot Cooked food cooked.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My first trip to Ucluelet was in 1969. I was 6 years old and I have family living there.
They were fishermen, my father was a fisherman and this was a fishing town.
A small out of the way fishing town.
Sophisticated cuisine didn't exist and why would it.

Today that can't be said.

Fetch, although I felt it could exploit the bounty of seafood in its vicinity to greater extent, is a fine example of quality food with a local feel paired with stunning views which change on a constant basis.

The seafood was prepared with a light touch and the meats with a bold hand.
Both came out just as I wished while the vegetables were cooked with a crisp bite which retained their natural flavour without any tampering.

My son had the french toast, as did many guests, three times.

That kept him going for most of the day.

Just below the resort is a rocky bay which at low tide is covered in sea snails with my father gave me a 5 gal bucket to fill up for him.
I'm surprised the restaurant doesn't send someone down to pick them to use in the meals.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We we staying at the Black Rock Resort and had fish and chips for lunch. The halibut was very good, not over done or greasy. Fries were done to perfection and the tarter sauce was good (I don't even like tarter sauce but this stuff was good). We went for lunch as the dinner menu seemed out of my price range. We still spent around $50 before tip, we tried a few of the beers they had on tap . Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My colleague & I recenty had the opportunity to have lunch at the Fetch because we were in the area for a business meeting. We were extremely pleased with not only our lunch, but the service and the restaurant. The food was beyond yummy, full of flavour, truely outstanding. Kudo's to the chef. Our server was a delightful young lady, she was polite and efficient. The restaurant was spotless. The view? What can you say about that magnificent view except "wow". Thank you, we will make that long drive for lunch again and hopefully soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Food was wonderful with great, attentive service in an exceptional setting. A dining must in Ucluelet.
Prices were as expected in such a setting