“Nice view but service, food were lacking”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Fetch Restaurant

Fetch Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy an artisan inspired culinary experience at Fetch Restaurant & Patio, our 90-seat oceanfront restaurant. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all menus have local themes and are carefully crafted to perfection by our professional culinary team. Amazing wine list & creative cocktails. Kid friendly menus available. Oceanfront patio open seasonally. All seafood is certified "oceanwise" sustainable.
Houston, Texas
“Nice view but service, food were lacking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had heard quite a bit about the Black Rock Resort and Fetch so were excited to visit. The view is incredible from the restaurant but the service was not good at all ~ had to 'flag down' the wait staff several times and noticed customers around us had to do the same. We had been at the Wickaninnish Inn days prior where we at The Pointe Restaurant daily and had an amazing experience. Fetch failed miserably. Again, nice view, but food and service was poor.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great quality to go with the great view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I did not stay at the Black Rock Resort, so when I arrived at Fetch for dinner the view and the location took my breath away. Gorgeous! I felt as if I was arriving for a special occasion. The adults in my party all opted of the night's tasting menu while my kids split an order of the rib eye steak. The kids polished off the steak lickety split and devoured most of the delicate hand cut pomme frites (thin french fries). Our appetizers consisted of a cold halibut salad with vanilla bean vinaigrette, very delicious with generous portions of halibut. The main course was pork tenderloin with chanterelle and oyster mushrooms and avocado puree, also well executed. The pork was very tender. To finish off we had raspberry chocolate mousse with a side chocolate mint ice cream. The kids get an adorable little dessert too! (Surprise!)

1 Thank Buffyanna
Central Saanich, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Amazing menu! I have a severe shellfish allergy, so I rarely eat out, let alone feel safe when I do. The lunch menu scared me because of the amount of shellfish items, but I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo anyways. The chef was concerned about cross contamination so she asked if I was ok with having a fresh made pesto sauce that wasn't on the menu instead. It was amazing.

It's rare to find a place right on the ocean that is able to safely feed someone with a shellfish allergy (many places either outright refuse, or tell me that I have no business living on Vancouver Island with my allergy).

Also, the beef Tataki was to die for!

calgary
“okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Staff was most pleasant, food was okay. View was spectacular. Service could definitely use a bit of work.

Bury, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

relatively limited choice and probably all the better for it very well presented by an attentive staff