Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Whale's Tail Guest Suites(Ucluelet)(Great Value!)
$77
$69
  • Free Internet
$178
West Coast Motel on the Harbour(Ucluelet)(Great Value!)
$61
Agoda.com
Bayshore Waterfront Inn(Ucluelet)(Great Value!)
$128
$173
$149
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Wild Edge Lodge(Ucluelet)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,644 results
All reviewsfetch restaurantrain showerfloat loungethe wild pacific trailmain buildingdrift spaone bedroom suitepacific spiritocean viewfloor to ceiling windowsthe kitchenheated floorssoaker tubon the rockslarge balconyamazing viewsvancouver island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had a one bedroom suite, which worked out great, the view was awesome for watching what ended up being quite the West Coast Storm. The staff were friendly, the food was great. Definitely would not hesitate to recommend this Resort. Jarrett Vaughan and the Front Office staff made us feel very welcome as well as the staff at the rest of the Resort.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This hotel has a fantastic view, great rooms, outstanding food and service. It was pure pleasure staying here and I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2010

One of the finest resort experiences I've had recently - the spectacular scenery, the stunning location, the warm and friendly staff, and the world-class cuisine all made it a truly memorable weekend vacation for my wife and I. Our room was a fantastic take on west coast modern.....we stayed in a studio which featured a great view and an incredible over-sized bathroom. The front desk staff knew us by name within the first day - it was what a boutique hotel is supposed to be all about. Another must see: we wandered the wild pacific trail for about an hour and saw 6 whales only a few hundred meters off shore. Next time we are back I'll go fishing - apparently one trip out and the freezer can be stocked for the season. Can't wait...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

My husband and I visited the resort for a weekend mini-break last month. We appreciated the hotel's architecture and ambiance, and really enjoyed chatting with the lounge bartender who was perhaps more attentive than she might be able to offer during the high season. Front desk were helpful with maps and dining ideas as well. We made good use of the new Wild Pacific hiking trails to enjoy some winter storm wave watching. The room itself was particularly special, kitted out with the latest electronics, a full kitchen complete with Miele appliances and a divine bathroom with independent soaker tub and walk in rain-shower. Go for the best value in the low season and enjoy affordable rates and magnificent uncongested scenery.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank frquentflyer
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend get away in February and the hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was a premium view and while it did not look out directly to the ocean, it did look out over the inlet/beach so you could watch the waves crash on the rocks and if you sat facing at an angle you could look out over the open ocean. The tub was very nice and relaxing, though the way the windows are angled you cannot see the ocean from the tub. The gas fireplace is nice, but actually operates as a heater so will only turn on if you want to heat the room to around 80 degrees (we solved this by turning up the heat and keeping the windows open which let us hear the waves too). They were still finishing the hot pools while we were there though they were filled with water and looked ready to open any day. We ate at Fetch (the restaurant) several times and the food was excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The prices were not any higher than any other place in town. The resort location is fantastic. It is located directly on the Wild Pacific Trail and you can walk right out of Fetch and onto the trail to enjoy a spectacular hike.

The only part of our trip we didn't enjoy was the spa. We booked several treatments over the course of our stay and were left disappointed by all of them. The people working at the spa are very friendly and mostly competent. However, the services themselves are VERY basic. and VERY expensive. For example I received a $60 manicure that did not include any hand lotion, massage, or paraffin. For this price (less actually) I can go to a boutique nail salon in Seattle frequented by Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson and get all of this plus a customized salt exfoliation. For $60 I got basic shaping and polish, and part of my nail bed gouged out (this I did not realize until I got back home and my normal manicurist removed the polish, she says it will take 3 months to undo the damage done to my nail). The other services we received followed the same theme, they were priced 2-3 times higher than the must luxurious spa treatment and provided the most basic of services. The signature black rock facial did not include extractions, steam or any of the extras that you get at every other spa I've been too (neck massage, hand treatment, etc), my husband had the signature Organic Therapeutic Seaweed Massage and Soak and since the spa room faces the pool deck he said that he had a direct view of the maintenance man talking on his cell (not 2 feet away) while he was in the hydrotheraphy tub, not exactly relaxing. As I said before the people were friendly and what we got was okay so we didn't really have any cause to "complain" other than we left feeling like we'd been robbed not pampered.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
BlackRock09, General Manager at Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2010

Thank you so much for your review. While I am pleased to hear about your overall experience I am extremely concerned about your satisfaction with the spa. I do wish that you had mentioned something to us regarding the Spa treatments and your dissatisfaction we certainly would have rectified the situation immediately.

We definitely do pride ourselves on the relaxation and pampering offered through our spa and on the quality of products used. It is clear we did not maintain our own standards for your treatments.

I will definitely discuss your review with our spa team and will use your comments to improve the overall service and experience.

If you do plan on returning to Ucluelet, please do consider us again and feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your comments, they are truly appreciated.

Regards,