My wife and I returned for our second visit in March. Our previous experience a year earlier was fantastic and, given the ways of the world, I half expected a decline in service. Wrong. If anything, this was BETTER! Wonderful resort, unbeatable food, and the service is the absolute best we have received at any place of its kind. The resort draws its name from the black rock of the Pacific shoreline, and ought to win design awards. Our room overlooked a bay/lagoon where the waves provided an ever-changing and compelling show. We referred to the huge picture windows as our wide-screen TV. It was absolustely addictive. We prepared and ate most of our meals in our room's well equipped kitchen and dining area, but we ate in the restaurnat once and the bar on two other evenings. The dining meal was creative and prefectly prepared, fitting for our celebration of our two birthdays. The Float lounge had live enterrainment both evenings we visited, and it gave the place a cool ambience. The meal there was the nightly special -- stroganoff -- and was exceptional. I can't say enough positives about the place. We're heading back to celebrate -- for the second year in a row -- our anniversary (#40!) in May. We can hardly wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet