We booked room 414 (The Penthouse) @ $450.00/night, for 3 nights. This special weekend was for my mother's 70th birthday and a little get away for some much needed R&R before my husband had spinal surgery.
The room & view was spectacular but when it came time to go to bed there was a loud and constant noise??? (like a ships engine running). We called the front desk to inquire what the noise might be and if they could please do something about it. Their response was “I don’t know?, I haven’t heard this before? I’ll send someone up to look into this” Nothing changed after my call & noise continued ALL night! (they did not do a follow up call for the duration of our stay or attempt to inquire if the noise had stopped).
The next evening the noise continued at 11 pm it suddenly stopped? We were thrilled. Silence just the beautiful noise of the ocean.......BUT unfortunately at 7:15 AM the loud noise commenced.
My husband decided to take a walk to see if he could find the source of this noise. He came back to explain that our room sat adjacent to a huge metal cylindrical pipe that ran that height of the building. His assumption was that this was the kitchen’s exhaust system. Therefore when the staff came in to cook breakfast the exhaust fan was turned on (7am) and when they were finished for the day (11pm) it was turned off. (Our assumption is, the staff forgot to turn it off on our first nights stay, so this is why it ran alllllllllll night).
At check out, we explained our experience to the front desk attendant. Her response was “I’ve never heard that before, only from the guests staying in the rooms on the backside of your suit”. "Would you like the remainder of your bill charged to the credit card you made the reservation with?"
We paid the LARGE bill ($1635.80 for 3 nights stay. This charge was ONLY for the room cost & a $75 pet surcharge) and decided to email the Resort when we got home.
We sent an email and have waited over a week and still have not received a response.
We paid a lot of money in order to have a quite and restful holiday. Our comfort did not seem to be a priority to the Black Rock Resort. The resorts etiquette and sleep quality is certainly not at par with the rates being charged. Room 414 is not worth $450.00/night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet