“Best meal in Iqaluit”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Based on previous reviews, we kept our expectations in check, but we had our best meal in Iqaluit at the Water's Edge.

We went for dinner shortly after they opened at 5pm, and we had superb service by Doug. (Given previous reviews about sketchy service, we felt lucky to be served by someone who really hustled to serve.)

We skipped appetizers (who can afford them in Iqaluit?) and went straight to the main course. I ordered a maple char dish (can't recall the exact name), served with rice pilaf and grilled vegetables. My partner ordered Char & Chips. Both meals were portioned perfectly. The char & chips got a two-thumbs up rating, while I would give the maple char a very good - the char was done nicely and the vegetables were crisp. Rice pilaf, well, it's just there to soak up the sauce (which was delicious.)

Prices were on par with other establishments. We would go there again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Friendly atmosphere and excellent angus or bison steaks along with lobster and prawns. They offer their steaks with a variety of sauces and cooking styles as well as a full range of other dishes. This is my favourite restaurant in Iqaluit.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The prices are high by any standards, but the food is reliable and the menu will be familiar. Will not disappoint, but is unlikely to make the Guide Michelin.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I do find there isn't much consistency to this place in the last 18 months. Sometimes the servers are wonderful with great food and other times the servers are slow, and neglectful and the food isn't worth waiting for. It can also be a little chilly if you are sitting by one of the windows.Of the three top restaurants, I'd rate it number #3.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I had a salad which was good and a steak which was fine. Vegetables a bit bland but that's normal in winter in the Arctic. I have eaten here a lot - the service is up and down but it's generally a perfectly ok place.

1  Thank jamesmorton