All reviews coffee shop convenience store dining room movie theater in town the pub on site bar grill an excellent restaurant arctic char positive experience great food many choices the hotel offers room was clean and comfortable dining options keep in mind
Reviewed December 6, 2017

What happen to the quality of your food???? I remember when you were the place to eat in Iqaluit. There was on meal that I could not eat and they did not offer to cover the cost of it. Unfortunately I will have to eat at the Discovery next time.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Dear Richard vl2379wz,

My apology for the late reply and for the quality of food experienced at our restaurant. Nothing i can say will justify my inability to meet your expectations on our beloved Frob eatery and its shorts comings on the month of December.
Let me take this opportunity to redeem my self by inviting you for a dinner for 2 as token of my appreciation and sincere hope that all of your future visits will be marked by the quality, presentation and service you have become accustomed with.

Christiano Bandeira

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Warm place with newly renovated bathroom. Don’t expect to gain efficient wifi connection and ensure you eat before 8:00 p.m. Otherwise, a fun place to be. You will enjoy your stay in Iqaluit. One thing, you don’t control your room temperature so it’s warm at night!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2017

Good points:
1. Clean (except one day when toilete was not cleaned).
2. Junior staff responsive (needed a sewing kit, several were provided).
Problems:
1. Internet connection somewhere between horrendous to non-existent. Guests who rely on internet for communications should seek alternative accommodations. When I complained I was told that "this was Iqaluit", but I know better. I had stayed at the Arctic Hotel and the Discovery before and the internet had been adequate.
2. I asked for a feather pillow and the VP (Christiano something...) promised he would attempt to purchase one (I stayed there 4 nights - total bill $840). I never heard from him (let alone slept on a feather pillow), even after subsequent inquiries.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I have been living in Nunavut for a year and a half now and have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times since I moved up here and it has always been a positive experience.
The staff are some of the friendliest and kindest people you'll ever meet and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a good one.
The rooms are always clean and the pillows are comfy. Each room has a mini fridge and microwave as well as what you need for either your coffee or tea in the morning. There is also a safe although I have never personally used it. There is a little convenience store in the hotel where you can buy the basic necessities as well as microwave dinners if you don't feel like eating in the restaurant. They have a formal dining room, a bar and grill in the bar area and a little café where you can buy sandwiches and drinks.
Walking down to Northmart/Tim Horton's, museum, Arctic Ventures from here is about a 10 minute walk or you could take a taxi for the 7$ rate if its too cold to walk.
All in all great hotel, clean, convenient location, and outstanding staff!! The staff alone make this a place worth staying :)

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank 133miche
Reviewed September 3, 2017

I just returned from 4 nights at the Frobisher Inn. The hotel staff is wonderful, however, there were a few issues with the room, cleaning and food.
Our room was on the second floor right above the kitchen. All day, there were strong cooking smells evident. Being a vegetarian, the cooking meat smell was less than appealing.
Our room was only cleaned once during our stay. We saw the housekeeping staff each day, and they mentioned that they would bring towels, but none arrived. The beds were less than comfortable and squeaked any time I moved. The walls were thin, there was actually an open vent between the bathroom in our room and the one next door.
Eating in the north, on the whole was challenging as a vegetarian (was there for work, not by choice) and I brought up fruit, nuts and veggies, but wanted a hot meal. The only truly vegetarian choice on the menu was the pizza which was only available after 5. I understand that meat is the most readily food available and the rest is flown in, however, even making a simple change of not adding fish sauce to the pad thai would add one more choice to the menu.
I would stay there again, but ask for a higher room and be more prepared to provide my own meals.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business