All reviews coffee shop convenience store dining room movie theater in town the pub on site bar grill an excellent restaurant arctic char positive experience great food many choices the hotel offers room was clean and comfortable dining options keep in mind
Reviewed September 3, 2017

I just returned from 4 nights at the Frobisher Inn. The hotel staff is wonderful, however, there were a few issues with the room, cleaning and food.
Our room was on the second floor right above the kitchen. All day, there were strong cooking smells evident. Being a vegetarian, the cooking meat smell was less than appealing.
Our room was only cleaned once during our stay. We saw the housekeeping staff each day, and they mentioned that they would bring towels, but none arrived. The beds were less than comfortable and squeaked any time I moved. The walls were thin, there was actually an open vent between the bathroom in our room and the one next door.
Eating in the north, on the whole was challenging as a vegetarian (was there for work, not by choice) and I brought up fruit, nuts and veggies, but wanted a hot meal. The only truly vegetarian choice on the menu was the pizza which was only available after 5. I understand that meat is the most readily food available and the rest is flown in, however, even making a simple change of not adding fish sauce to the pad thai would add one more choice to the menu.
I would stay there again, but ask for a higher room and be more prepared to provide my own meals.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Nice hotel (and probably the largest in Iqaluit). Somewhat old but renovated. Wifi is very slow but this is not the hotel fault. (No high-speed internet in Iqaluit). Good restaurant. Nice pub. Good conference rooms. Movie theater inside.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Seriously - I have seen studio apartments that were smaller than the room I had here. The price is high - but so is the cost of absolutely everything in Nunavut. There is a conveince store attached which saves walking up and down the hill to the North Mart. Great view of the bay.
There is a coffee shop which is decent - I recommend bringing your own mug though.
Storehouse bar and The Frob eatery provide two dinning options without leaving the building.
The cinema is accessible through the main lobby.
Great place to stay in Iqaluit.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Overall good hotel for the north. Prices were reasonable considering how remote iqaluit is. The pub downstairs has reasonably priced food specials. Rooms were adequate. Only suggestion is to bring earplugs the walls between the rooms are paper thin, I could hear the guy beside me talking on the phone. Overall though I had a good stay.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Had a few day stay at the "frob" for work, not my first time staying there. Its a good hotel, clean, good food, but with all hotels in the north its expensive. I liked the fact that there is a movie theater right in the building and a convenience store. Front desk staff are okay, INTERNET SUCKS be prepared for that.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business