Alcan Motor Inn
Glacier View Inn(Haines Junction)
$66
  • Restaurant
Raven Hotel(Haines Junction)
Parkside Inn(Haines Junction)
  • Breakfast included
Mount Logan Lodge(Haines Junction)
TripAdvisor
Dalton Trail Lodge(Haines Junction)
  • Restaurant
Kluane Park Inn(Haines Junction)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshighway motelwould stay here againhear people walkingfresh towelscoffee potno elevatornothing fancyen routeroom was largeplenty of hot watercomfortable bedshainesmicrowaveyukonjunctioncurtainsdispenser
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am here tonight. The hotel is clean and warm. Internet speed is better than most on ALCAN. I like this place so much more because they have a restaurant and a bar on site. I dont have to drive in -20 weather for anything at all. Love it. And the hostess was nice enough to borrow her copy of The Milepost.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PKOZ007
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Make reservations or arrive early if you can, they sell out quickly.

Spent Saturday 14 July 2012 there in room 210. This was my second time through Haines Junction, and the first time at this hotel; if I come back through I'll definitely try to stay at the Alcan. Was impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the politeness and helpfulness of the gentleman and lady who worked the desk, the speed of the free wireless internet, and just about everything else. If you're looking for brand name hotels, you're in the wrong town. This is obviously an old school side of the road motel that has been maintained quite well. Plenty of amenities around. Attached laundrymat, attached restaurant with real food, not just burgers, and basic sundry items available nearby. I've seen some reviews note the prices in the restaurant as expensive, but when you add in supply costs, and the costs of everything else in town, it is good food for the money. Be prepared to pay with plastic; the ATMs(two that I saw) in town run out of Canadian Dollars quickly, but most of the locals also take American Dollars. I paid with plastic at the hotel, and didn't ask if they took American....it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter as the parking lot is right in front of the bottom floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed just one night in August 2010 on my way from Haines, AK to Whitehorse, YT.
Excellent room. It helped that I booked it (even though it was the same day in the morning from Haines over the phone) - other people came and tried to get a room in the evening but the place was full. Laundromat on-site is very helpful. Misty mountains of the Kluane National Park could be seen just outside. For a tiny place the restaurant was a bit pricey (30+ CAD for one person: one dish plus one beer) but the food was good. The restaurant's interior was nice, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We didn't have any of the difficulties I read about from others. We are a military family and were traveling from Texas to Alaska. We just needed a quiet place to sleep for the evening and the Alcan fit the bill.
We were asked not to check in until 4, so we spent some time at the centre nearby and had our kids watch a bear safety video.
We had no problems checking in. The room was clean, if a little dated.
The general store next door was closed, so there wasn't much in town to choose from for food and that was a little problematic.
There is a laundromat on site, the wifi worked fine in our room (102) and things were quiet in town that night so we slept well.
We were traveling with two 50# dogs and we were not made to feel as if they weren't welcome in any way. - just the usual instruction to clean up after them.
The office wasn't open when we were ready to leave in the morning, but there was a slot to drop the keys in (real keys!).
The view (even though it was a cloudy day) of the Kluane mountains was so gorgeous that I felt i was in a postcard.
The restaurant next door was pricey, but the food was very very good. We didn't expect to find any fine dining in such a remote area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is an old highway motel. It's clean and warm and comfortable, and the restaurant next door is open late. Had a pretty nice, if overpriced, dinner at 10pm when we rolled into town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple