“Taste of Germany in Bragg Creek”

The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled amongst the trees on White Ave, you are close to Elbow River and some spectacular wildlife. The Bavarian Inn is a unique place to enjoy your day, friends and flavorful European cuisine and added local Rocky Mountain fare. Our Wine list is recognized by the Wine Spectator, come and join us today!
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The new management have really improved the menu and wine list. The restaurant is a delight and has a nice variety of German, European and Rocky Mountain dishes. A good excuse to enjoy the pleasant drive to bragg Creek.

1  Thank Marty911

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Price is Ok, but the taste, superb! Also had a couple draft. We went in the afternoon, so it was quiet.

1  Thank Edward G
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Drove out to Bragg Creek to finally try the food at the Bavarian Inn in Bragg Creek. I have to say I wasn't disappointed. I'm German, so I definitely have high standards for any restaurant that serves my native cuisine. I went traditional with the cucumber salad and the Rouladen. Personally, I enjoy a larger pickle in the Rouladen, but that's me, because I know others that don't. Otherwise, the salad was perfect, the spätzel wonderful, red cabbage as well. For dessert I had the Apfel Strudel, which was pleasantly quite hot, just as it was supposed to be. Not overly sweet either, which is a nice change since most restaurants make this more like an American apple pie, and not more tart, as it's supposed to be.

Our service was a little slow, and we didn't receive a bread basket, but then again, I didn't miss it until I saw another table with it. German food is traditionally quite heavy, so it's not entirely necessary to have copious amounts of bread with the meal. Our dining area was full, and I can't say that anything about the service was totally lacking, just that we didn't really receive the same attention as I've become accustomed to elsewhere. It did not detract us from having a wonderful meal, and I do plan on returning in the summer when we can enjoy dinner on the outdoor patio.

1  Thank Kreeny80
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good food with a selection of both German style and contemporary food. More of an adult place but kids are welcome too.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visit made 24 January 2014 with my family. The food and service were excellent . I tried Bison here for my first meal out in Canada and it was delicious. The service was excellent and the menu well described by our waiter who made recommendations and made our evening a very successful and memorable visit.