“This restaurant made the weather bearable”

The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled amongst the trees on White Ave, you are close to Elbow River and some spectacular wildlife. The Bavarian Inn is a unique place to enjoy your day, friends and flavorful European cuisine and added local Rocky Mountain fare. Our Wine list is recognized by the Wine Spectator, come and join us today!
Heathfield, United Kingdom
“This restaurant made the weather bearable”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visit made 24 January 2014 with my family. The food and service were excellent . I tried Bison here for my first meal out in Canada and it was delicious. The service was excellent and the menu well described by our waiter who made recommendations and made our evening a very successful and memorable visit.

• Visited January 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Fabulous Every Time.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are Bragg Creek locals and this restaurant is our go-to place for family functions and romantic evenings. The food is truly gourmet and the service is fabulous. We always leave with a smile on our face and our stomachs happy. I brought a Hungarian friend of mine there recently and she said it was authentic goulash soup, as good as her grandma's.

• Visited January 2014
Calgary
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a delicious German Cuisine dinner.The goulash soup was superb.
The casual atmosphere made for a comfortable relaxing evening.

• Visited March 2014
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not worth the drive”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Was so disappointed with our service sunday night We agreed to meet family at this restaurant on this very cold evening We were greeted and were seated in a booth Our server took our order and that was pretty much it We never got any water and I had to ask another server for some tea for my husband . I was told that the service here was impeccable Not this night I'm not sure how she got the job as she lets this place down
Apart from the service the food was amazing We will be back but we wll definetly ask for another server

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Janet h
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Food, Iffy Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Bavarian Inn is one of the go-to spots for my husband and I on special occasions. Previous to last night's experience, the service has always been top notch. Last night however, the service was dismal. Our waitress was virtually nonexistent after taking our initial order. She didn't bother going over the specials, knew nothing about the drink menu or wine pairings and didn't bring out any bread (and I'm not just being snooty here. These were all services cheerfully offered without asking on previous visits). She didn't even bother to see if we needed drink refills until I basically yelled at her from across the room. The other wait staff were just as absent and grumpy. The food, however, was excellent and plentiful as always. We're hoping that they were just having an off night because even as good as the food is, if the service remains this poor we will take our business elsewhere.

Visited February 2014