“Fabulous Every Time.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bavarian Inn Restaurant

The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Austrian, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled amongst the trees on White Ave, you are close to Elbow River and some spectacular wildlife. The Bavarian Inn is a unique place to enjoy your day, friends and flavorful European cuisine and added local Rocky Mountain fare. Our Wine list is recognized by the Wine Spectator, come and join us today!
“Fabulous Every Time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are Bragg Creek locals and this restaurant is our go-to place for family functions and romantic evenings. The food is truly gourmet and the service is fabulous. We always leave with a smile on our face and our stomachs happy. I brought a Hungarian friend of mine there recently and she said it was authentic goulash soup, as good as her grandma's.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Calgary
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a delicious German Cuisine dinner.The goulash soup was superb.
The casual atmosphere made for a comfortable relaxing evening.

• Visited March 2014
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not worth the drive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Was so disappointed with our service sunday night We agreed to meet family at this restaurant on this very cold evening We were greeted and were seated in a booth Our server took our order and that was pretty much it We never got any water and I had to ask another server for some tea for my husband . I was told that the service here was impeccable Not this night I'm not sure how she got the job as she lets this place down
Apart from the service the food was amazing We will be back but we wll definetly ask for another server

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Janet h
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Food, Iffy Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Bavarian Inn is one of the go-to spots for my husband and I on special occasions. Previous to last night's experience, the service has always been top notch. Last night however, the service was dismal. Our waitress was virtually nonexistent after taking our initial order. She didn't bother going over the specials, knew nothing about the drink menu or wine pairings and didn't bring out any bread (and I'm not just being snooty here. These were all services cheerfully offered without asking on previous visits). She didn't even bother to see if we needed drink refills until I basically yelled at her from across the room. The other wait staff were just as absent and grumpy. The food, however, was excellent and plentiful as always. We're hoping that they were just having an off night because even as good as the food is, if the service remains this poor we will take our business elsewhere.

Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Schnitzel, Spaetzle, where's my Food?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We chose this restaurant for the type of food they serve and to celebrate a birthday. Upon arrival, we quickly determined that this place was a cross between an family restaurant and fine dining. The family part was evidenced by the number of children there (6:30), but they left early. By the way, if your're going with kids, they have a great menu for them...sans chicken nuggets. Start teaching them good food early!! The fine dining was the menu. Varied, well prepared, generous portions, and tasty! They covered the "Bavaria" aspect with with red cabbage and spaetzles, and covered the adventurer in the elk, Bison, duck wild boar, and more; there is something for everyone.We started with the goulash soup and my hubby loved it. My son and I went for the beet salad...OMG! I had the elk cordon bleu and was delighted with it's tenderness and flavor, my son the elk medallions with cherry and my husband the wild boar.Sorry, no pictures because it looked so good that I started noshing before I realized it, the plate was empty! My only word of advice is don't be tempted by all the amazing choices of starters, unless you're a very big eater. The main meal is hearty, so share some starters and you'll leave feeling content, but not over-stuffed. This is a lovely restaurant, casual and lively. A great place to go with friends and family. The crowd matured as the night progressed. Our best surprise after our dessert and great coffee was that this meal cost us 50% less than fine dining in Calgary. I can hardly wait to go back again and again. Dining there in the summer would be amazing!

• Visited January 2014