“Service was a little off and an inconsiderate patron ruined the ending” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bavarian Inn Restaurant

The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
75 White Avenue | Alberta, Bragg Creek, Alberta T0L 0K0, Canada
+1 403-949-3611
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled amongst the trees on White Ave, you are close to Elbow River and some spectacular wildlife. The Bavarian Inn is a unique place to enjoy your day, friends and flavorful European cuisine and added local Rocky Mountain fare. Our Wine list is recognized by the Wine Spectator, come and join us today!
Calgary, Canada
“Service was a little off and an inconsiderate patron ruined the ending”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

As usual the food was very good but we had a few issues with what I believe was probably an inexperienced server. My beet salad was served without any goat cheese or dried cranberries- something I didn't notice at first either. Ultimately that's the fault of the kitchen but an experienced server should have caught the omission before bringing it to the table. Our server also forgot to bring bread to our table until we mentioned it to her when the main course was served. We had fully intended to order dessert but at the end of the meal a customer was seated beside us who was wearing such strong perfume that my husband couldn't breathe and we ended up having to leave. Unfortunately some people do not realize what an ill effect their overdone perfume can have on other customers.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank coffee522

Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

A pleasant surprise
we visited the Bavarian Inn two on Wednesday with my fiance, and from the word go we had a fantastic time there, the food was most delicious and served to perfection, our server Alex was most charming and made the night even more special with a fantastic choice of wine and meal. We were suggested the five course chef's dinner, Alex explained that the chef's choice is a pleasant surprise and he was so kind to make sure that we had no food allergies and the night took an amazing turn to a memory to remember. Each dish was presented to perfection and described as one would expect and the last two courses were presented by Chef Greg which was also a wonderful touch.
We will certainly be back and recommend this restaurant strongly.
Excellent food and service.
thank you for a special night.
Sarah & Mark

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sarah K
europe
“Pleasures of another time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We loved the set menus, one from Hungary and the other from Switzerland suggested that day. Nice selection of german dishes. Decoration slightly outdated. Service efficient. Quiet ambiance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Calgary, Canada
“Great food, reminds me of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I went to the Bavarian Inn to celebrate our anniversary and had just a fantastic meal there. We shared the 'Alpine Teller' which was very yummy, I had the Pacific Coast Salmon and my husband had the Lamb Sirloin. The meals were perfectly cooked, the presentation was wonderful. For dessert I had the 'Hot Spiced Rasperberries' and my husband had the 'Apfel Strudel', both were excellent desserts, I'm glad I had the rasperberries as it was a lighter dessert, my husbands Apfel Strudel was a good sized portion, it was really flaky and tender, but I wouldn't have been able to eat it all, of course, my husband had no problems with that.

All in all, it was a worthwhile trip to Bragg Creek and we enjoyed it immensely.

• Visited August 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Best German / Austrian food outside of Germany / Austria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We drive by this restaurant frequently on the way through Bragg Creek and finally decided to stop in. Hands down, best German / Austrian food I have ever had in Canada. I had the Maultaschen for an appetizer and wish I had just ordered 3 plates of those alone. I soaked up the juice with the bread, which I would recommend. We had Pork Tenderloin Medallions and Wiener Schnitzel for the main course and both were excellent. Service was above average and the beer and dessert (Black Forest Cake) were also excellent. Wish it was closer to Calgary is all.

• Visited February 2013