“Pleasures of another time”

The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled amongst the trees on White Ave, you are close to Elbow River and some spectacular wildlife. The Bavarian Inn is a unique place to enjoy your day, friends and flavorful European cuisine and added local Rocky Mountain fare. Our Wine list is recognized by the Wine Spectator, come and join us today!
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We loved the set menus, one from Hungary and the other from Switzerland suggested that day. Nice selection of german dishes. Decoration slightly outdated. Service efficient. Quiet ambiance.

There are newer reviews for The Bavarian Inn Restaurant

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I went to the Bavarian Inn to celebrate our anniversary and had just a fantastic meal there. We shared the 'Alpine Teller' which was very yummy, I had the Pacific Coast Salmon and my husband had the Lamb Sirloin. The meals were perfectly cooked, the presentation was wonderful. For dessert I had the 'Hot Spiced Rasperberries' and my husband had the 'Apfel Strudel', both were excellent desserts, I'm glad I had the rasperberries as it was a lighter dessert, my husbands Apfel Strudel was a good sized portion, it was really flaky and tender, but I wouldn't have been able to eat it all, of course, my husband had no problems with that.

All in all, it was a worthwhile trip to Bragg Creek and we enjoyed it immensely.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We drive by this restaurant frequently on the way through Bragg Creek and finally decided to stop in. Hands down, best German / Austrian food I have ever had in Canada. I had the Maultaschen for an appetizer and wish I had just ordered 3 plates of those alone. I soaked up the juice with the bread, which I would recommend. We had Pork Tenderloin Medallions and Wiener Schnitzel for the main course and both were excellent. Service was above average and the beer and dessert (Black Forest Cake) were also excellent. Wish it was closer to Calgary is all.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice ambience at this restaurant, the service was superb, young man was so friendly , food was good, funny though my portion was smaller than my wife's anyways we would go back

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A varied menu of wonderful traditional Austrian and German influence as well as contemporary Canadian. Weekly features offer unique changes to satisfy most cravings like the Buffalo Rib Eye. The desserts are delightful. Service is smooth and attentive. They go out of their way to please, and will let you to make a special dish request with your reservation. Try their special request Pork Hocks.