“Great food, worth the trip”

The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled amongst the trees on White Ave, you are close to Elbow River and some spectacular wildlife. The Bavarian Inn is a unique place to enjoy your day, friends and flavorful European cuisine and added local Rocky Mountain fare. Our Wine list is recognized by the Wine Spectator, come and join us today!
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have eaten at the Bavarian Inn a couple of times, usually a lite lunch after some hiking in the Foothills or after some snow shoeing on the nearby trails.

This time we made a trip to Bragg Creek just for for dinner and we were not disappointed.

We both had appetizer and the wonderful pork schitnzel and the portions were overly generous and we barely had enough room for dessert. The schitnzel was done nicely, crispy and delicious. Dessert was OK, not the best strudeL I ever ate, but like I said it was OK.

Overall, it was a great meal and well worth the trip from Calgary

There are newer reviews for The Bavarian Inn Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The butter served with your bread was not fresh. It's been left uncovered in the fridge for too long or is simply too old. The food served was luke warm, but they rectified it with apologies. In general, food and service is good and I would go back there any time.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great food, good service. The best of German food & decor. New chef is very good. Lovely setting & close to the Riverside Chateau

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This restaurant continues to be one of our favourites - we stopped here for lunch again recently on our way home form the mountains because we enjoy it so much. We both had the red pepper soup, then my husband had the daily special - a pork ghoulash with spatlze and I had my usual vienna schnitzel and bavarian salad. Both the food and service could not be faulted.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We made the longish drive and all I can say is that it was worth the drive. First off, our waitress was superb. She was knowledgeable and friendly and truthful and absolutely made the lunch a joy.

The food was as good as I have had it, and I am German by birth. The tall glasses of real German draught beer in actual German beer glasses made the meal that extra little bit special.
If I had to complain about anything it’s that the Black Forrest Cake is traditionally made with a fair amount of Kish Wasser, which makes it a little bit unsuitable for the minors. Not wanting to deprive the local kids of this decadent delight, the chef has decided to cut down on it. I say kids be damned and heap on the good stuff.

To sum up, we had a fantastic time and will soon be bringing family and friends back for another visit. Give it a try, we highly recommend it.

Bravo und sehr gut gemacht mein herr…