“Not as good as I Remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bragg Creek Steak Pit - CLOSED

Bragg Creek Steak Pit
Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary
“Not as good as I Remember”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

we ate here many years ago and it was very good. Thought we would try it again and found it to be not that special.

7 Thank IreneCCalgary

scotch creek
“Unique place with Great Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our group of 6 arrived on a snowy Friday night. Service was very attentive without being intrusive.
Great choices of wine reasonably priced. Everyone at our table raved about the food. Live music was a nice touch. We will be back.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank livia w
Edson, Canada
“What a terrific Saturday evening!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We brought our friends to the Steak Pit as I've been going there for many years and trusted it to be a great experience for new people to Canada. We had great food, beautiful entertainment and were treated like gold by the staff.

My wife said that it was worth the wait of 4 1/2 years I've been promising to bring her to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank jimmyjamesolson
“Awful!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Me And boyfriend went for valentines last year (2012) and it wasn't the best service but the food was pretty good still they forgot our appetizer but we got it after our entre after we said something. We went there again this year and it was the worst place I've ever been, especially our service! It took about a half hour to get a drink and when we ordered we waited an hour for our entre and again our appetizer was forgot about. His steak was cold and mushrooms had a puddle of butter under them. My fish was extremely small and wrapped in wax paper with all the liquid still in it, the rice was complete mush and our waitress did not once ask how our food was or if we needed another drink, she was extremely rude. Finally when I had mentioned we didn't get our appetizer we just asked for our bill and when we got our bill it had 2 appetizers (that we didn't get) our entre and our dessert. (That we didn't revive) all together we will never go back. It's the worst service I've ever experienced. TERRIBLE is a under statement!!!!

6 Thank Ridiculous01
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Love the Atmosphere AND the food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

After a day in the Kananaskis of skiing for two of us and snowshoeing for the other two, we went on my 26-yr-old daughter's request to the 'Barbeque Steak Pit', as she'd been there before and loved it.

We arrived on Saturday evening just after it opened for dinner. I loved this place !
It's charming right from the arrival, a rustic, whimsical-looking building set nicely among the trees.

We were a tired and hungry party of 2 Baby Boomers with 2 young adults, all currently from Calgary. We were wearing clumsy outdoor clothes, and we wanted to go to eat somewhere down-to-earth, rustic and relaxing.

At the Steak Pit we got those attributes along with a real woodburning fireplace, really lovely live music, a charming server and amusing visits with the chef as we returned several times to the buffet he presided over.

It was a great buffet - even from the vegetarian's point of view -- with prime rib and several lavish dishes to go with, including an exceptionally tasty potato salad, mussels and a selection of wonderful traditional desserts that are made fresh on site. There were four comments of 'best carrot cake I've ever had' ...

What a pleasure it was to be in this warmly-lit place on a winter evening as a few flakes of new snow whirled around outside.

One sour note: the washrooms were in sad disrepair, especially the men's, said my husband. The atmosphere in the ladies would've been fine but for the damaged vanity counter, which spoiled the otherwise pleasant room.

HOWEVER -- overall the four of us thought the Barbeque Steak Pit (though it could use a name change along with new bathroom counters) was absolutely delightful. We plan to take the next batch of out-of-town guests there, as well as several of our Calgary friends we think will enjoy it as much as we did !

• Visited February 2013