“Awful!”

Add it.
Bragg Creek Steak Pit
Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Awful!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Me And boyfriend went for valentines last year (2012) and it wasn't the best service but the food was pretty good still they forgot our appetizer but we got it after our entre after we said something. We went there again this year and it was the worst place I've ever been, especially our service! It took about a half hour to get a drink and when we ordered we waited an hour for our entre and again our appetizer was forgot about. His steak was cold and mushrooms had a puddle of butter under them. My fish was extremely small and wrapped in wax paper with all the liquid still in it, the rice was complete mush and our waitress did not once ask how our food was or if we needed another drink, she was extremely rude. Finally when I had mentioned we didn't get our appetizer we just asked for our bill and when we got our bill it had 2 appetizers (that we didn't get) our entre and our dessert. (That we didn't revive) all together we will never go back. It's the worst service I've ever experienced. TERRIBLE is a under statement!!!!

6 Thank Ridiculous01

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Love the Atmosphere AND the food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

After a day in the Kananaskis of skiing for two of us and snowshoeing for the other two, we went on my 26-yr-old daughter's request to the 'Barbeque Steak Pit', as she'd been there before and loved it.

We arrived on Saturday evening just after it opened for dinner. I loved this place !
It's charming right from the arrival, a rustic, whimsical-looking building set nicely among the trees.

We were a tired and hungry party of 2 Baby Boomers with 2 young adults, all currently from Calgary. We were wearing clumsy outdoor clothes, and we wanted to go to eat somewhere down-to-earth, rustic and relaxing.

At the Steak Pit we got those attributes along with a real woodburning fireplace, really lovely live music, a charming server and amusing visits with the chef as we returned several times to the buffet he presided over.

It was a great buffet - even from the vegetarian's point of view -- with prime rib and several lavish dishes to go with, including an exceptionally tasty potato salad, mussels and a selection of wonderful traditional desserts that are made fresh on site. There were four comments of 'best carrot cake I've ever had' ...

What a pleasure it was to be in this warmly-lit place on a winter evening as a few flakes of new snow whirled around outside.

One sour note: the washrooms were in sad disrepair, especially the men's, said my husband. The atmosphere in the ladies would've been fine but for the damaged vanity counter, which spoiled the otherwise pleasant room.

HOWEVER -- overall the four of us thought the Barbeque Steak Pit (though it could use a name change along with new bathroom counters) was absolutely delightful. We plan to take the next batch of out-of-town guests there, as well as several of our Calgary friends we think will enjoy it as much as we did !

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Deborah G
Calgary, Canada
“Run down and food awful”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It use to be the place to go. Not sure why it went down hill so bad. When we were there last they had buckets all over the place catching drips because the roof was leaking. The service was awful, the man that served us didn't even crack a smile. He was rude and snarly, I could not wait to get out of there. Food wasn't very good either.

3 Thank carlaneburto
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great smorg and delicious beef”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It was wonderful for the three other people who were with me but I suffer from allergy to MSG and forgot to ask. My fault - I was sick for the entire evening.

Visited March 2012
“Could/should have been great, apparently!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had this place recommended to us. Being on holiday, we took up the recommendation. The Steak was good, the veggies and sides were poor. The vegetarian option (I know, a veggie in a Steak house?) was bland. The service was erratic, but I think the server was new. Won't be rushing back. $200+ Cdn for 4 people.

1 Thank SeanMSweeney