“Inconsistent.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Italian Farmhouse

The Italian Farmhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian Farmhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Italian Farm House was born out of our passion for Italian food and their way of life. It is a reminiscent of a cozy Tuscan farmhouse snuggled in the trees in the beautiful hamlet of Bragg Creek.
“Inconsistent.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We went to the farmhouse last year around Christmas time, and had an unforgettable meal, but we're hesitant to return because of the spotty service we received. After giving them a few months to sort it out, we decided to try again. Unfortunately this time we were really let down with the food. Last time we had tried a featured lamb shank, and a duck we thought were outstanding. This time, the menu had changed, so we ordered off the menu. The food seemed to lack some of the big bold favors of last time, looked sloppy, and took some time. Furthermore, the service this time was maybe only slightly better. I feel this restaurant needs to be more consistent to be considered worthwhile the drive from Calgary.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Sandy C

Chilliwack, Canada
“Exceptional Food & Gracious Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife & I were invited out for a little excursion outside of Calgary where we had lunch at this delightful restaurant. And we had an unforgettable experience!

The atmosphere was cosy and homely, and the food was superb, especially the pizza - the best I've ever had.

But even more amazing to me was Don, the man who served us. He was genuinely warm and welcoming, courteous and thoroughly professional throughout our time there. He was so knowledgeable and gracious that I thought he was the owner. Chatted with him before we left and learned that he had been in this line of work for a while and enjoys it, and it certainly shows. I've never had such sincere service that came from a gracious heart. He has my vote for "Server of the Year" for he made our dining experience there unforgettable.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Larry S
Calgary, Canada
“Will not be Coming Back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was the first time we visited this restaurant since it changed owners and I have to say that we were very disappointed. The atmosphere and location is wonderful but when you sit down and order things change slightly. The waiters seemed to be all over the place and we sometimes had multiple waiters getting different things for our table, there seemed to be a lack of communication and organization between the staff. I asked for a refill on my coke and two waiters seemed to both get me one. The menu was very limited with only a few dishes, many of which they seemed to had run out of, the menu explained that it was limited due to the flooding but it had been eight months since the flood and you would think that they would have gotten back on their feet by then. When the food arrived after a 30+ minute wait it was actually very good, I had ordered a pesto pasta dish which was very nice and I did enjoy it. Desert was a different story, for our 5 person table we all asked for ice cream which they brought in one giant dish with five side plates. This was a very bad system because first of all there wasn't enough to go around, then it all began to melt before we could dish it out. The verdict I have come to is that the food is great and well done but their service needs to be seriously improved. We won't be coming back here again unless they clean up their act.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John_GY4417BD
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

A friend brought me here for dinner a few weeks ago, and I loved every minute of our experience. The atmosphere is cozy and charming, the food was to die for (I had the pasta with shrimp and scallops), and the serving staff were excellent. I'm so in love with this place that I have purchased gift certificates to give as Christmas gifts, so others can enjoy this great restaurant! Plus, I can't wait to go back myself.

Bragg Creek is such a charming town and a great escape from the city. Its a gwonderful place to spend some time wandering through the shops, and then finish off your day with an amazing dinner at the Italian Farmhouse.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank prairieswan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Friday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was the first time we have been out to this restaurant since it has been re-named and since the flood in Bragg Creek. It still has the old charm and the food was wonderful. Two of us had the lamb shank and it would melt in your mouth. Very generous servings and such and interesting side dish of orso and cauliflower. My sister and her husband needed this little getaway and it certainly filled the bill. Our server was Erin and she was a delight. Thank you for helping us make a memory.

Visited December 2013