Riverside Chateau
Bow River Inn(Cochrane)(Great Value!)
$66
$75
Very Good 4/5
Super 8 Cochrane AB- West Side Drive(Cochrane)(Great Value!)
$91
$50
$50
  • Free Internet
$51
All reviewselbow riverb bfrench toastmy wife and iget awayprivate saunabed and breakfastlog homegracious hostsbeautiful locationlook forwardmade us feelbreakfast was deliciousrooms are beautifulnext morningprivate entrancewonderful place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently held a surprise birthday party w/e for my husband at this wonderful B&B. It was an entire w/e affair with Friday night dinner at a local restaurant (I can enthusiastically recommend the Italian Farmhouse closeby), a delicious and abundant breakfast Saturday morning lovingly and elegantly prepared by Yvonna, a most enjoyable hike in the mountains, a catered dinner party on Saturday night in the chateau's grand living area, and another wonderful breakfast before our departure on Sunday morning. Thanks to to Marek and Yvonna the w/e was magical! The chateau itself is a breathtakingly beautiful and comfortable place to stay, but the real beauty lay in the warmth and care offered us by our hosts who stopped at nothing to make us feel so very special. Both of them went to incredible lengths to do everything they possibly could treat us like honoured guests, as they quietly but efficiently worked behind the scenes looking after every detail, taking care that everything during the entire w/e went smoothly. Simply put,they were amazing! By the time we left, I felt like I was saying goodbye to very dear friends. A 5 star rating is not nearly enough. In my book and from the praise of all our family and friends who were guests at the chateau, we give them 10 stars and more! Thank you Yvonna and Marek for helping to make my husband's 70th birthday such a special affair! We are already planning to return at this time next year for another reunion! See you then.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Living in Calgary it never really occured to me to seek out a pampering night away in the hamlet of Bragg creek... That has all changed. I highly recommend this elegant, log, European style B&B
right on the river on White Ave.
My husband and I went in April of this year and we were happy to hear that the devasting floods that rocked Bragg Creek did little damage to the Chateau.
If you are willing to splurge a little on yourself I highly recommend the Chateau.

Room Tip: I would recommend the room with the dry sauna on the deck overlooking the now closer river.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were the first guests in this beautiful home after what has been called the Flood of the Century! We will return home with tremendous respect for the force of nature, the community of Bragg Creek, this beautiful home and its owners Marek and Yvonna. We arrived unexpectedly but were welcomed immediately and spoiled for three days - a beautiful room, excellent breakfasts and owners who were welcoming and accommodating in every sense of the word. We will never forget our exceptional experience here and are determined to return often - to new friends!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann L
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway from Calgary. We couldn't have been more impressed with our stay at the wonderful Riverside Chateau. The Chateau is very relaxing and beautiful. On top of this the B&B hosts are wonderful people that give you a warm greeting the moment you arrive and ensure your enjoying your stay. The breakfast are tasty and enjoyed in the beautiful breakfast setting. We enjoyed our days on nice walks throughout Bragg Creek and through the provincial park. We cannot say enough good things about our stay here. We'll definitely be returning, summer or winter.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My fiance and I stayed two nights in this peaceful riverside retreat. When you pull up to the Chateau you are met with a beautifully built log structure with huge windows and a wrap around porch with an outdoor fireplace. Even though you are minutes from the middle of Bragg Creek, where the Chateau is located, you feel as if you are in the middle of the wilderness and it is so peaceful and serene. Our room was upstairs and faced the river and when we looked out our window, we got to see a family of deer as they made their way to the river. Marek and Iwona welcomed us and made us feel at home and as if we were part of their family. The gourmet breakfasts we enjoyed were served to us up in the loft where again we got to see the deer casually stroll across the property. I loved how any request we made were met with enthusiasim and was well beyond our expectations. The Chateau was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Our bed was one of the most comfortable we had ever slept in. Marek and Iwona encouraged us to explore their property and told us all about Bragg Creek and all the wonderful shops there. If you are looking for a relaxing way to spend the weekend then we definitely recommend the Riverside Chateau. My fiance and I have decided we will be making this a yearly trip!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple