“Beautiful riverside retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverside Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bragg Creek
Riverside Chateau
Ranked #1 of 4 Bragg Creek B&B and Inns
Chestermere
“Beautiful riverside retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My fiance and I stayed two nights in this peaceful riverside retreat. When you pull up to the Chateau you are met with a beautifully built log structure with huge windows and a wrap around porch with an outdoor fireplace. Even though you are minutes from the middle of Bragg Creek, where the Chateau is located, you feel as if you are in the middle of the wilderness and it is so peaceful and serene. Our room was upstairs and faced the river and when we looked out our window, we got to see a family of deer as they made their way to the river. Marek and Iwona welcomed us and made us feel at home and as if we were part of their family. The gourmet breakfasts we enjoyed were served to us up in the loft where again we got to see the deer casually stroll across the property. I loved how any request we made were met with enthusiasim and was well beyond our expectations. The Chateau was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Our bed was one of the most comfortable we had ever slept in. Marek and Iwona encouraged us to explore their property and told us all about Bragg Creek and all the wonderful shops there. If you are looking for a relaxing way to spend the weekend then we definitely recommend the Riverside Chateau. My fiance and I have decided we will be making this a yearly trip!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am from Sweden and I travel a lot all over the world. The Riverside Chateau in Bragg Creek, Canada is a definitely one of the most beautiful and unique places I have ever visited. I was absolutely taken by the experience which has the very best of Canada.

The hosts, Mark and Iwona are very warm and friendly and they were eager to make my stay extraordinary. It was a lovely start to the day to eat a gourmet breakfast prepared by Iwona on the huge deck, listening to the sound of the river and seeing the deer peacefully walk by. Those pancakes were the best!

The Riverside Chateau is a warm and inviting place, right where nature is at its most beautiful self. It is luxurious, yet a place that feels like home. My room had a beautiful design with details that made me feel both the western touch and luxury at the same time. The most comfortable bed as well.

It was a highlight of my extensive travelings and a most wonderful experience I will not forget. I certainly recommend anyone that would like a true 5 star experience in the heart of nature, yet not far from Calgary, to stay in The Riverside Chateau.

Carita G

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Carita G
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

In my travels throughout the world I always search for something exceptional that can classify as truly outstanding. To me, the Riverside Chateau has it, something not easily found anywhere else. It has a combination of a refined elegance in a grand and spectacular log manor, with a beautiful river in the back of the property with white running waters, one can see deer walking by in front of the numerous windows, and there is simply attention to all details imaginable by both of the hosts which include a delicious and fantastic cuisine which can compete with any world-class resort, they offer fine-tasting wine, and the whole experience is just a high-level, superb, all-around exceptional one. Both of the hosts themselves are very friendly, cultured, courteous, have a fine sense of humor and, when asked to, can engage in an intelligent and stimulating conversation. This is truly a most inspiring place, with really lovely hosts, a place which I won't easily forget. I've recommend it to my friends as one of the best places to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Ricardo S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed one night in this magnificent retreat! Riverside Chateau is the perfect place to relax in the wilderness. You have the deers walking in the garden, the sound of the river is calming in the background and the world class service from the most friendly hosts makes it all complete. You have beautiful hikes right around the corner and Bragg Creek has some pretty shops to explore too. Perfect for a nice weekend!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bydalstos
B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

An evening's visit on April 13, 2013 at this serene and beautiful chateau in the woods was accentuated by an April snowstorm beginning that afternoon and carrying on into the night. The beauty of this magnificent log mansion in the falling snow was picturesque and the warm and peaceful interior offered a relaxing and unforgettable evening. This is a very impressive building with huge logs giving the roof and ceiling reinforcement in a thoughtfully constructed environment designed to help you turn inward and find peace.

The hosts, Marek and Yvonna, warm and compassionate, have a talent for making us feel right at home upon our arrival. The bedrooms were gorgeous and had probably the most comfortable bed and Duvet I've had the pleasure to sleep on.

Yvonna's passion for cooking was revealed to us when she prepared our delicious and filling breakfast. This is surely a chef that should be at the helm of a Michelin star restaurant but instead has chosen to contribute to the well being of others with this Chateau retreat.

We will be back.

Dennis M

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank denramon
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We've been to Riverside Chateau twice in the last month. It's beautiful & so comfortable. Lovely people & really cute well behaved dogs! We've had the most spectacular picnic by the river. The whole experience is magic. We'll return soon! Pat Graham

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pat G
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights while on my rocky mountain photography trip. After several strenuous days of hiking, this was the perfect ending to my trip. A great place to unwind, close to natural beauty. It is in a perfect location, near the Elbow River and the village of Bragg Cragg is a short walk away. The breakfast was world class, and the attention that I received by Alek and his wife was outstanding. They are wonderful people who make sure you are comfortable and well taken care of. It is a gorgeous accomodation with a lodge that is elegant and rustic at the same time. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a retreat to get away from the pace of everyday life.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a great appetite for breakfast. You will be well fed. Delicious!!