“Don't bother booking with this firm”

Inside Out Experience
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Bragg Creek
More attraction details
Owner description: Inside Out Experience provides fun, safe and memorable Canadian Rockies adventures for all ages and skill levels. All of the Inside Out Experiences take place amidst spectacular mountain scenery that is unparalleled in western Canada. Alberta and the Canadian Rockies offer an unforgettable vacation experience in incredible locations such as Banff, Canmore, and Kananaskis Country. Enjoy exciting adventures such as whitewater rafting, mountain biking, hiking and horseback riding with our professional and knowledgeable guides. Half-day, full-day and combination tours are available as well as corporate day adventures, team building and first aid programs.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had recommended this firm to friends visiting from England. Unfortunately they arrived just as the flooding hit Bragg Creek. They had booked with Inside Out Experience and paid up front, their white water rafting was supposed to happen on June 23, Inside Out called and cancelled and promised a FULL refund, well our friends are still trying to get reimbursed. I have gone into the office and been promised a refund (that was last November) and have left telephone messages and emails - no one responds, think that the owner just has no idea that he is accountable. They cancelled, which was fully understandable, we live in Brag Creek and know only too well what happened in June, but I would never recommend Inside Out to anyone, not accountable and fully arrogant with promises.

4  Thank Dawnmarilyn12

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We signed up for white water rafting in August. As this was my first white water experience, I was really looking forward to it. When I saw children in the other rafts, I thought if the little children could do it, I could do it too. Unfortunately, our guide was an older gentleman who had little sense of humor and was so full of himself. Instead of being supportive and encouraging, most of the time he was bragging about how he conquered many rivers in his life. The impression I got from him was, if I was not good at rafting, I might as well stay home. At one point, he actually told me to stop paddling because I was not strong enough. The whole episode was quite insulting and it did ruin my day. I wrote a letter to Inside Out Experience reporting the episode but I got no response after a month. That tells me how much they care about their customers! I would not recommend Inside Out Experience if this is your first time rafting.

3  Thank Sunshine820
InsideOutExperience, Manager at Inside Out Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your rafting trip with Inside Out Experience. It is disappointing to say the least that your time with us did not provide the experience you had so hoped for. Here at Inside Out Experience, we strive not only to provide safe and unique experiences within the mountains, but to ensure these experiences are accessible to all. It appears we let you down on your adventure with us, and for that we are very sorry.
We would like to thank you once again for taking the time to review your experience. We assure you that in doing so, you have helped highlight areas that we can improve. We will ensure that it will be our top priority to improve our standard of customer service when we re-open for white water rafting again in the spring.
We only hope that you will trust us to make these improvements and look forward to seeing you next summer.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We did a fullday trip on the kananaskis and bow river(horseshoe canyon) in august. I have rafted around the world doing many easy and several very challenging runs starting when I started myself professionally guiding in Austria about 20 years ago, and I cant say I have ever been more disappointed than with this company. The guides were charasmatic but at the same time seemed very under qualified and quite unskilled. At times even feeling dangerously so. Our boat spent most of the day bouncing off of rocks and seemingly going down the river uncontrolled as we watched another company Chinook come down doing what we seemed to be trying, but had failed miserably. On top of it all, the disorganization at the base getting signed in, kitted up in wetsuits, as well as getting alot of vital information was very difficult. There was alot of arguing amongst what appeared to be heads of staff over in front of all the clients which seemed to me to be out of line. I would never go again with this company and would recommend no one else does either. Chinook Rafting would be my kananaskis, bow river rafting company based on what I have saw.

1  Thank Kraus H

Thank you for taking the time to review your adventure with Inside Out Experience. The summer of 2013 was a challenging river guiding season with unexpected river changes and fluctuating water levels post spring flood. It has always been our highest priority to maintain the safest possible white water rafting experiences on the Kananaskis, Bow, Elbow and Red Deer Rivers. We aim to deliver exceptional tours and provide the best possible facilities and equipment for your experience, with the only riverside base in the valley and indoor changing rooms to name a few.
We are sorry to hear that you do not feel this was the experience you had on the day. In providing this review, you have enabled us to assess where we need to improve in the coming seasons and we hope to show you the improvements we have made to adventure experiences next summer.
Thanks again for your time and enjoy the winter!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We signed up for the full day tour to white water raft both the Bow River (Horseshoe Valley) and the Kananaskis River. The guides were humorous and kept things light and we felt safe the whole time through. Wetsuits, shoes, fleece jumpers, windblocker, life vest and helmet are all provided so you can literally jump into the river without any worries. The full day tour also includes a packed "picnic lunch" which we couldn't complain about, a nice touch for a full day of cold wetness. If our tour had been conducted as advertised (Kananaskis first then finish with Horseshoe Valley) and if there hadn't been those devestating floods from earlier in the year, we would have had a lot more fun. The reason we would have preferred to do Kananaskis first is because the grading of the rapids along the river are actually lower and more mild than the Bow River, and plus you get to cliff jump into the Bow River in the Horseshoe Valley. Overall a great experience, would consider white water rafting again, thought perhaps on bigger rapids next time.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a nice rafting experience for those who have not rafted including young children. The guides were humorous but focused on safety. The river itself has changed considerably after the flooding earlier in 2013. Also, it is a dam controlled river, so the flow is variable and was lower the day we rafted so there was less whitewater. Still, my kids, ages 7 and 10, really enjoyed this as their first whitewater rafting experience. They enjoyed the large water soakers in each raft and tried to soak their cousins in another raft during the calm water parts of the trip. Our guide, Mike (from Australia), was excellent; very informative and more than patient with the kids. He was very conscientious of their safety and would have them sit in the floor of the raft as we navigated rapids.